Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

If you could go back what would you do differnt?

[Me...]

What would I do differently?  I would destroy my stash of Xanax once I was safely tapered.  If I had done that, I wouldn't be here for the second time going through withdrawal.  Lesson learned.

XX

She

Do a three year  taper and get the ball in motion ready to sue the lot of these quacks..they should be held accountable ...they don't even care but if we even slapped someone we would be in court if we hurt someone without them hurting us then prison...It's like the Iraq war ..Blair and Bush both admit lying...both said WOMD and there was none ...both murdered thousands ..they both admit this and hey ...they get off ...same with this ...We have been tortured lost so much of our family life ... have so much damage that will stay with a lot of people ...torn family's apart some have lost everything due to being to ill to work...they know that once we are thrown into withdrawal we are to ill to think...our brains are fried ...they win too ///It is never righr ...how many more will suffer ...whose Children's Children and so on...It scares me that they are allowed to ruin lifes and even cause so many deaths ... they gave them and kept on giving without one warning ...Blessings all ..x

If could go back, I would give myself the biggest hug ever and tell me "you are so brave and you finally will be fine. Just do what you do. Everything is alright."

If could go back, I would give myself the biggest hug ever and tell me "you are so brave and you finally will be fine. Just do what you do. Everything is alright."

YES!

I would have reinstated at full dose -- I started too low the second time and it was unnecessarily hard at first -- but you probably won't hear that about Z drug tapers.  It's always, "Get off, get off,get off!"  No way.  Slow for me.  WBB

I would of gone cold turkey instead of getting a prescription from my doctor as it made this whole benzo nightmare go on for years,if they had just said then that these drugs should only be taken over a short period and told me some of the dangers of taking diazepam long term I wouldn't of continued,wish I could change that !!

If posible not take the clonazepam at all... if not I would have handled my taper differently. Much slower and being well informed would have made things a lot easier.  ::)

Seems like people would have liked to go slower during their taper.  And also would have liked to stick their original prescription up their doctors ass.  Interesting.  :laugh:

Well, the question was what would you do differently during your taper.  It goes without saying that one wouldn't have started in the first place.  Heck - I'd rewind the clock even further and not pick up any bad habits, deal with anxiety and get out more.  WBB

If I had known fully what hell lay ahead for me I would have done everything in my power to find a doctor who was willing to let me taper at my own pace. Hopefully on a substitute script, and told the addiction agency who pressured me to taper too fast exactly where to go. Now I am stuck with this hell for who knows how long and with no way out at all.

I would have actually tapered instead of just C/T. I had no idea what I was in store for. Lack of education on the subject mixed with a doctor that had the same issue.

I wish I would have joined BB's during my taper. It might have changed the way it all played out. I just kept referring to the Ashton Manual, and there are some things in Ashton that are very much understated. I was convinced that once I had crossed over to valium that the reductions would be smooth, which they were not. Not by a long shot.

I would never had taken just that 'one' during the worst of it. I felt better for 20 minutes, then bammm. Never re-instate, even 1, if you can help it!

I would have jumped sooner. I was in tolerance when I started my taper and did a very long taper, suffered the whole taper and then continued to suffer post taper. This has definitely been more than living in hell for a very long time.

The sooner you get this shit out of your system the sooner the healing starts.

IF I COULD GO BACK. I'D KICK MY ASS FOR TAKING XANAX. AND THEN EXPLAIN TO MYSELF EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD BE GOING THROUGH WHEN COMING OFF OF THEM. UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE HOW ANNOYING THESE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS ARE 41 DAYS OUT I HATE THIS SHIT! EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE IT'S BEEN A ROUGH 41 DAYS

I would have tapered at a slower pace- this is not a race and maybe I would be feeling better at 6 months out if I had tapered more slowly. I also would have really rested up as much as possible before starting to be in the best physical shape before undergoing this hell. And of course if I could do it over again I would have rejected the xanax as a miracle cure for my panic attacks 30 years ago!! Hindsight is 20/20!

Going back to way before benzos I would have never had much alcohol or done any drugs. I would never have gotten botox or had silicon implants. I would never have put myself in any position that was compromising to my character.  I would have viewed food as medicine with the occasional splurge. Needless to say I would have never touched prescription drugs especially benzos. Instead I would have lead a much more clean life and gotten therapy for stress. I wouldnt have worried about so much- I wish I learned the difference between productive worry and toxic worry.

Going back to way before benzos I would have never had much alcohol or done any drugs. I would never have gotten botox or had silicon implants. I would never have put myself in any position that was compromising to my character.  I would have viewed food as medicine with the occasional splurge. Needless to say I would have never touched prescription drugs especially benzos. Instead I would have lead a much more clean life and gotten therapy for stress. I wouldnt have worried about so much- I wish I learned the difference between productive worry and toxic worry.

2nd that - Amen.  I'm here now, though.  Regret is unfortunately part of a benzo recoverer's life  - but so is hope, revelation and a new appreciation of health and life.  WBB