Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

2 doses of Ativan?

[ge...]

Hi guys

I need your help!

I am going lower of ativan now but have bad symptoms.

Im thinking of dosing twice a day. Im at .69mg.

I usually take it at night but now since the dose is small i feel the effects in the morning.

Any advice? Would the symtpoms be less?

I am also on zoloft 100mg

Any advice appreciated

Hi GoA , I also am tapering off Ativan/Lorazepam I m having very hard time.

I have been tapering for 10 months from 0.5. I'm now at 0.2. I wish there was a way to talk to you other than on here. Do you belong to any of the FBGroups on Benzodiazepine? There is one called Benzodiazepines and recovery group. Are you on that one?

I am using liquid compounded Lorazepam solution, I have been doing cut and holding for 2-3 weeks.

What are you doing and where are you in your taper?

Hello Sandell and gettingoffativan,

I initially took ativan only at bedtime.  When I started tapering I did eventually divide my dose into two daily doses 12 hours apart.  Some recommend 3 or 4 daily doses but that would not work with my schedule.  I have found the 2 doses daily to be adequate.  I hope this is of some help to you. G.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello:

I am new in this forum, and I need help in coming up with a titration method. I am taking 1mg Lorazepam since August of 2015; my prescription is 0.5mg twice a day; but I dose three times a day; so I cut the morning 0.5mg in half; then two quarter and the other half I take it at night with one 0.5 mg of the lorazepam. I don't know If I make myself clear? I would like to know if you received this message because is my fist time posting. I wrote an introduction some time ago, but I have never been able to participate in the forum yet. I would appreciate it if you answer me please.

Solyluna

Currently 0.5mg lorazepam twice a day (cutting to make it three times a day)

Hello:

I am new in this forum, and I need help in coming up with a titration method. I am taking 1mg Lorazepam since August of 2015; my prescription is 0.5mg twice a day; but I dose three times a day; so I cut the morning 0.5mg in half; then two quarter and the other half I take it at night with one 0.5 mg of the lorazepam. I don't know If I make myself clear? I would like to know if you received this message because is my fist time posting. I wrote an introduction some time ago, but I have never been able to participate in the forum yet. I would appreciate it if you answer me please.

Solyluna

Currently 0.5mg lorazepam twice a day (cutting to make it three times a day)

IMO , I would consider switching to valium because of its longer half life. you can taper directly from Ativan but it is hard.