Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

migraine

[Ka...]

feeling miserable.. i went to a department store today but as I came back home, got wave suddenly.. started having migraine and feeling sick in my stomach as well. why...almost scary feeling now and migraine has been lasting for over 3 hours now.. I was not tired physically today though. Im fed up with this sensitiveness! am I not allowed to have just small fun things for short time!?? Can anyone relate to my experience? ...

Hi Kay!  When I got down to <2mg Valium I got several migraines (with aura).  It is scary and very annoying.  Now some buddies would disagree with me, but instead of an Rx for migraine, I slam a tepid coffee (add a little ice to cool it down) or a CocaCola with 3 ibuprofen at the first sight of the aura.  It works for me and my psych dr, who has emphasis in neurology, said this is a fine substitute rather than an Rx.

Decide if you'd like to try it the next time you start with a migraine (even if you don't get the aura).  Otherwise, essential oils could work by rubbing on your temples and back of neck - like peppermint oil or Melissa oil.

Good luck!  PS:  After 3 months in taper, when I got to an un-therapeutic dose, the migraines stopped.  It's been over 4 months without migraine.  Hopefully you'll experience the same.  Take care.

I get migraines that last for 3 days, and that is not unusual.  I think it's common while tapering, but migraines are also caused by stress, diet, dehydration, weather, lots of things.

Hi Kay!  When I got down to <2mg Valium I got several migraines (with aura).  It is scary and very annoying.  Now some buddies would disagree with me, but instead of an Rx for migraine, I slam a tepid coffee (add a little ice to cool it down) or a CocaCola with 3 ibuprofen at the first sight of the aura.  It works for me and my psych dr, who has emphasis in neurology, said this is a fine substitute rather than an Rx.

Although caffeine tends to amp up many peoples migraines, there are a percentage (myself included) that gets a little relief from it.  That being said, my migraines have disappeared since I began tapering.  (I have had some headaches that were worse than my worst migraines, due to severe muscle spasms in my jaw bones).  Apparently GABA can cause migraines.

Yes I can relate and have had several migraines in WD .....intense with nausea and vomiting.

Do not know the answer.....seems quite common, Hope you are feeling better now,

Thank you very much everyone, finally stopped after a short sleep..but I got it again when I was doing game with ipad while ago..  Thank you, jeanermouse I'll try essential oils. I ordered them just now. and sunday, yes as you say I was thirsty while I was out. Im surprised that I am getting sensitive to many things like that but i feel a relief to know it stops as you get to lower dose. I really hope so Thanks again.  :smitten: