Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Crushing fatigue

[Re...]

The past few months I have been getting crushing fatigue. I have never felt this intense of a fatigue in my life . Does anyone know if anyway to counter act this? Have you had any luck with any technique to overcome this or is this just another thing that has to be healed by time?

Remy Lebeau,

I'm sorry to hear that you're so fatigued!

I have never been so tired in my life.  Withdrawal symptoms wear us out!

I don't recommend caffeine.

Keep pushing!

ty

Fatigue and letahrgy have been my baseline symptoms... sometimes making me feel like a 600 pound man (I currently weight 176 pounds).

It does get better thought. Little by little. You see improvement week to week (or even month to month) instead of day to day.

Hang in there!! :thumbsup:

Thats a main symptom for me too. I can only tell you what makes it even worse: Coffein, Alcohol and sugar.

Shortly: Everything that makes fun to eat.

Sometimes I have days when I have more power but most of the time I am still so much exhausted. But I think I was more exhausted while tapering so I have a little hope that time will heal that...

it sucks so much...  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :'(

Thats a main symptom for me too. I can only tell you what makes it even worse: Coffein, Alcohol and sugar.

Shortly: Everything that makes fun to eat.

Sometimes I have days when I have more power but most of the time I am still so much exhausted. But I think I was more exhausted while tapering so I have a little hope that time will heal that...

it sucks so much...  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :'(

Yeah i haven't touched caffeine or sugar or alcohol and dont plan on it. Last time i drank coffee at the end of my taper it sent me into a frenzy all-day.  Guess i was hoping there was some kind of technique to overcome this bull crap. You know how there is meditation and deep breathing for all the other stuff.

meditation and so on is not helpful when I am really exhausted. A wise chinese man told me "whenever you are deeply exhausted just rest and do nothing or watch stupid TV"  :D

Your body is exhausted - it need to rest. I do everything you might do with a cancer patient or someone with other bad diseases - everything slowly and avoid the extremes.

So strategies are more like

- binge TV or movie watching

- laying around hearing audiobooks

- sometimes drawing or painting little picture while listen to the radio

- nap, dream

- ah thats a good one: Instead of suffering: loll yourself. Yes!! Like a lazy bear! I cannot translate it good enough but this is a real strategy that I was told to practice, because you can stretch your muscles better and get the tension and exhaustement out of the body by making slowly, lazy, lolling movements with your arms or legs, just how your body wants it, without any feeling of "Exercising" or "Stretching". More like children do or my dog does it, before laying down to sleep. like the bear in jungle book, balou... ;D

- sing a little bit

- short walks

- fresh air

- good food

- and that annoying surrendering thing you told me once ::)

Ever been tested for Epstein Barr virus?

Lymes?

This withdraw takes a huge stress toll on our bodies bringing out viruses

Just a thought

Ever been tested for Epstein Barr virus?

Lymes?

This withdraw takes a huge stress toll on our bodies bringing out viruses

Just a thought

I haven't been tested no. Although I am pretty sure what I'm experiencing is withdrawel. I wil talk to my doctor tommorow about it since I have an appointment anyway.

Anything is possible. I would worry about getting misdiagnosed though while in recovery . Since there is no test for these that prove 100 %  I am suffering so much though I guess I wouldn't know one way or the other. That is one of the hardest parts about this experience . I feel terminally ill most of the time ,can't tell if it's withdrawel or something else . Scary shit ahhhhhh!