Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

DESPERATELY NEED A SCHEDULE TO SWITCH FROM XANAX & AMBIEN TO KLONOPIN

[Ca...]

Am on Xanax 1mg -4 times a day, Klonopin  .5mg 3 times a day, Ambien 10mg at bedtime. I dose 5 times a day. (Basically every 4 hrs). The Xanax has been Rx'd for 22 yrs at varying doses. The last 5 yrs were 6 mg of Xanax/day. Until a stupid trip to rehab hospital 8 weeks ago.. By day two, they cut me to 4mg Xanax/day & added the Ambien & Klonopin.  I NEED OFF THESE DEMONIC DRUGS  !!!  Would like to crossover the Xanax & Ambien to equivalent Klonopin & stabilize for a month before starting a micro liquid titration  taper to get off benzos FOR GOOD. Am going thru horrible tolerance withdrawals. Seems like I can't make it thru even one day, but, of course, I do with excruciating agony. 22 yrs is waaaay too long to be poisoning my brain like this. I will remain on Remeron & Inderal LA until benzo withdrawal is stable & then tackle them. WHAT I NEED IS A SCHEDULE OF HOW TO SWITCH OVER THE XANAX & AMBIEN TO KLONOPIN. I tried the Ashton Manual Method of switching over to Valium right before rehab hospital. Didn't get far along but it seemed like Valium was making me worse. Had tried it in 1983 during 1st post partum depression & remember a bad experience then. So that is why I am not crossing over to Valium. Am already on Klonopin & it is longer acting than Xanax,  so thought that a Klonopin taper could work.

Doses now are --- Xanax 1mg early a.m., 4hrs later-1/2 Xanax & 1/2 Klonopin, 4hrs later 1mg Xanax,  4hrs later-1mg Xanax & 1/2 mg Klonopin,  4hrs later (bedtime)-1/2 Xanax & 1/2 Klonopin & the Ambien 10mg. FYI ( I also take my Remeron 30mg  & one Inderal LA at bedtime ) (and the other Inderal LA early a.m.). HOW DO I CHANGE THE XANAX & AMBIEN over to Klonopin so that my total daily Klonopin would be 6mg ?  The exact equivalence of the switch would be 5.75mg of Klonopin but others have suggested to just round it up to 6mg since I had the recent 2mg cut of Xanax in 2 days.

DOES THIS SOUND REASONABLE ? PLEASE, SOMEONE, ADVISE ME HOW I MIGHT MAKE THE CROSSOVER !!!  THANK YOU SO SO MUCH 💖

I