Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What's the one thing that's helped you the most?

[Da...]

Some may not like this answer but Medical MJ. I have to find the right strain though and straight indica, even hybrids give me anxiety. Lucky for me I get no real withdrawl symptoms when I don't use it, just a return of insomnia. My nausea, depression and insomnia are my "pet"  symptoms and "orange Kush" is a new strain I've tried and my REM sleep returned! This is weird because typically MJ surprises my R.E.M. Sleep. I've had the best sleep in months with this new strain. I'm more tired during the day even though I only have one bowl 2 hours before bed though, but I'd rather be tired than not. My hiatal hernia was getting really bad from the constant throwing up, haven't thrown up since I started it! I had to try different strains and Sativas caused me major panic attacks. It takes the right strain.

Faith and hope, my husband, distractions. Believing that there is a better life without benzos. There's never one thing in my opinion because we need different things at different times. And if for example we lose hope we can call on distractions or if we can't distract ourselves we can fall back on hope. They intermingle. B

Faith and hope, my husband, distractions. Believing that there is a better life without benzos. There's never one thing in my opinion because we need different things at different times. And if for example we lose hope we can call on distractions or if we can't distract ourselves we can fall back on hope. They intermingle. B

How are you doing these days B? Im coming out of a nasty cut. Close to being free but yet so far.

Doing ok Beat but in a rough spot with hubby. It's become apparent that 2 1/2 years ago he was misdiagnosed and now we're almost positive he's clearly got MS. So frankly I'm scared, sad, bewildered etc. Nevertheless I'm moving forward with my taper and knowing now it was without doubt the best thing I could have done. Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread but hey you're doing great. Almost there! Keep the faith and forge ahead. I can't wait to see your sig when it says I've jumped or as I prefer stepped off. B :smitten:

God, my husband and family and my BB.

I breath when I'm anxious, watch TV, read and take walks around my house.

Best wishes, you can do this!

For me distraction was my life saver, but I had to learn how to do it.  first just a minute at a time. It was in those moments of distraction that I almost forgot about the misery I was in. Today I consider myself mostly healed but I use the distraction skills I learned to manage my anxiety which I had pre benzo use.

[ea...]
Really slow taper and meditation. Not feel fear and instead just accept that I can't do anything. This is no way to quick fix...

It was probably this benzo buddies board that helped me the most!  I could come here and realize that I wasn't going crazy and that I wasn't going to die from the horrible withdrawal symptoms and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel as evidenced by so many members that were able to finally get off these benzos.  I am one week free from the shackles of benzos and I'm looking forward to life once again!  What also helped a lot was knowing that I would finally stabilize at some point after each cut.  When I was going through some really bad withdrawals, I just kept telling myself that I've been through this before and I do eventually stabilize and feel better so that I can make another cut.  Once you know that it is only a passing thing with the withdrawals, it is easier to go through them after each cut. 

[ea...]

It was probably this benzo buddies board that helped me the most!  I could come here and realize that I wasn't going crazy and that I wasn't going to die from the horrible withdrawal symptoms and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel as evidenced by so many members that were able to finally get off these benzos.  I am one week free from the shackles of benzos and I'm looking forward to life once again!  What also helped a lot was knowing that I would finally stabilize at some point after each cut.  When I was going through some really bad withdrawals, I just kept telling myself that I've been through this before and I do eventually stabilize and feel better so that I can make another cut.  Once you know that it is only a passing thing with the withdrawals, it is easier to go through them after each cut.

So true. Totally agree! I feel the same...

Not sure what was 'most' helpful , but some of the biggies = eating whole (real) food, daily exercise, yoga, weekly acupuncture, meditation/breathing,  the support of my husband, friends, and buddies on Klonopin Klub  :smitten: + a lot of hope, patience, and gratitude to get me through the roughest times.

This may be a little surprising, but apart from BB, mine was eating. Just normal eating - nothing extravagant.

I could never tell if I was hungry. I just don't get the signal - which means that I could go for hours and hours without eating and then end up in a very panicky place from low blood sugar.

There is also the old truth that stress causes hypoglycaemia and hypoglycaemia, in turn, causes stress, anxiety and panic; and all that is true for people caught up in a benzo mess.

Nowadays, I eat by rote - even if I'm "feeling full" (usually, the mornings) and every so many hours during the day and, most importantly, a small pre-bed snack. This has cut out all the waking-up-in-a-panic business and it settled and lowered anxiety rates across the board. I'm sure I've staved off many a panic attack simply by eating something real. In fact I know I have!

Yeah, I know - I didn't think it would work either :)

Members from this forum , the docs and pharmacist are useless !  Two years ago I had a seizure due to a docs bad advice. Said just stop taking the then course of K and I ended up in the hospital.