Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Panicking and need help please!!

[Da...]

Well last night excessive saliva turned into feeling like I was going to throw up then  proceeded to a massive panic attack. I've had about 2 panic attacks in my life before these meds were given to me. In 2015 I was prescribed brintollex and that's when my life went to crap. I started having panic attacks all the time. Then the nightmare just kept getting worse and worse with each new med. I can say though that I hadn't had a panic attack in quite a long time until last week and since then I've had 3 whoppers.

My wife tries to talk me down but I just want to go to the Hospital. I'm convinced I'm having a heart attack. At midnight she was reading panic attack symptoms to me to calm me down and talking me through a deep breathing. I did calm down but it took at least 30 minutes. And I hardly slept after that.

I'm already up and panicking this morning. I really think I need to go to the hospital. What other choice do I have?

Try and breathe.......breath in the words " i am safe"....hold your breath and imagine the words "I am safe"...then exhale....do that 10 times in a row slowly.

Panic attacks are no fun that's for sure. I had more than my share of them. I will tell you this much, after you have enough of them, you will start to tell yourself that you know you're not going to die or even get hurt and that you aren't going to fight it and just accept it. After you learn to accept it, it will no longer happen. I know it sounds incredibly simple, but that is all it is really. It is the fear of the fear that causes panic attacks and once you convince yourself that your not afraid of the fear, they will dwindle away. I hope you feel better soon.

By far the worst symptom of all in my book! They are absolutely horrible and so I can completely understand. It's like a complete lack of not knowing what to do. I've gone to the hospital before but what they did was just give me a shot of Ativan, which will make it go away if you are willing to take a new Benzo dose. I wouldn't feel guilt if you needed to because there is only so much a person can take! I think if self harm is on your mind go. I self harm during attacks as physical pain distracts me, not a great option.

I found that YouTube videos of people videoing themselves through a panic attack helps. It makes me feel not alone and them talking through their symptoms calms me like I'm going through it with a friend who understands. I found this one of a mother having one while caring for her infant I watch over and over.