Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Who has akasthesia/bad inner restlessness

[re...]

Benadryl and sometimes iron supplements can help.  My cousin (who is a registered nurse and is a strong essential oil fan) suggested Thieves essential oil rubbed on the bottom of your feet.  I have not tried it yet, I had severe and extremely painful akasthisia last weekend (I have bruises on my arms and legs from flailing in the bathtub and hitting the sides so bad, but the bath seemed to help a bit.  I was literally beginning to get delirious from the pain.)  I have not tried the oil yet as the symptom seems to have mostly subsided, at least for now.  Still having some issues, but it is short lived and just really annoying, but not extremely painful.

How are you coping with it

Yeah I have this pretty bad. I've always been 'fidgety' but this is something else entirely. I now thrash around a lot in bed, have to keep constantly moving around because if I don't, I'll start getting bad nerve pain. I'm extremely tired and really must conserve my strength as I need all of it just to make it to the pharmacy every day at the moment, but I'm worn out from constantly having to move.