Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long would a slow taper take?

[Me...]

[46...]
I think they suggest 5 to 10% every one to two weeks, I'm certainly no expert though so could be wrong. I was on a slightly higher dose of 50mg and am at the mercy of the Uk medical system which cut me down to 30mgs straight off the bat fllowed by 2mg cuts every week. Which Im told is too fast but the 'professionals' wont listen to the Ashton Manual or NICE guidelines etc. I don't feel great but then I'm still at 24mg until next Tuesday. Its when it gets down to the lower doses Im very concerned about.

From 40 mg of Valium.  Do you need the Liquide if you micro taper?

The other option is dry tapering with a precision scale.  Liquid is much simpler and more reliable.

[18...]
Did it work fine for you to taper 1 mg/week or did you have bad w/d sxs? I am now on 10 mg of diazepam. I get my first w/d sxs day 3-5 just very little symptoms and feel really good until day 8-10 and then another rebound day 12-18 and this is the worst, but not so bad as it was when I did big cuts like 25 %. So my taper plan is every 3 weeks. Next cut is on monday the 5 of dec because I dont wont to be really sick on x:mas. I cut 1,25 mg each time. And will slow down when I am down to 5 mg. I wish I could do cuts every week  :o