Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

12 mg of poison

[Li...]

About 2.5 months ago I went inpatient after passing out due to the amount of Benzo's I was over prescribed and taking for a life long panic disorder. I walked in the hospital taking 12mg of Benzo's and left a week later on 2mg. This was obviously a rapid cut in my dosage. I enjoy reading everyone's stories to know that I'm not alone, but most members were had only 1 or 2mg to taper off from. Is there anyone out there that is cutting or has successfully tapered off of a HIGH dose of Benzo's?

WOW How long did you take the 12mg? I found  with my taper, the first part was easy, big cuts. I had half gone in 1 month. Perhaps youll be like that,t'll till you the last bits are a bitch. HANG tuff

Hi there

That must of been really hard going inpatient and cutting that much in a week!! How did you pass out? Did you get a high tolerance and gradually end up on such high doses? I was taking a high dose for a long time and it took four years to eventually completely stop taking benzo's,it's been the most horrible few years I'll be honest but hoping to see some improvements. Hope you manage to come off completely,and you don't have too much trouble, I've been having panic episodes recently and can't seem to shake off a constant state of anxiety. I couldn't live without 100mg diazepam every day when I think back to how desperate that feeling of dependence was I'm glad to be free eventually,it's come at a cost though! Good luck ❤️