Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

The valium help I have lived

[Au...]

I have heard so much about benzobuddies and to be with people that understand is a great help.

To make my story brief I was put on valium for anxiety.

I took just one and for the first time in 20 years peace and calmness. I couldn't believe it,and I wish I didn't as I quickly became dependant and was quickly up to 120mg. Living hell as I weened off them and now two years later 8 days free.

Now the struggle has began as I am feeling so many side effects.I need benzo buddies help

Hello Auzziemanz :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies

You are going to be okay, you will get through this.  Well done on your taper and congratulations on being benzo free.  Withdrawal symptoms can be very severe at first, it will get easier with time.  It can take quite a while for withdrawal symptoms to settle down, but they will go eventually.

Please feel free to ask questions, we have many supportive and kind members here who will support you and give sound advice. Feel free to check out the forum and post to any of our dedicated threads.

The Ashton Manual is a very good resource about benzo withdrawal.  It will give you information about the recovery process.

I will leave you a couple of useful links:

Professor Ashtons Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Anxiety

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita