Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

11 Months Out and Doing Great + Tips

[La...]

I'll be one year off all Benzos on December 24, 2016. My story is very complex, but basically got to the point where I was drinking and taking Benzos so frequently that I was in a blackout for all of December last year and spent Christmas Eve in detox followed by a trip to treatment t.

It was absolute hell and I never thought I would feel better, but the past couple of months have consistently been very good.

I want to share more eventually with those who are still in the thick of it, but for now, I would like to share a couple of things that I think helped me feel a littl little better. In addition to the dreaded months of time, of course.

-I had to return to work, which was very hard. But getting myself into a routine was empower g and I gradually built up my self esteem again.

-I began exercising daily. It was not easy, but I always felt better after doing it. I noticed it started to help lift my depression. Not too much though in the beginning.

-I have remained abstinent from alcohol for about 9 months. I've recently started drinking again on the weekends, but it seems to be more tolerable almost a year out than in the first few months. I know that I should drink at all for a variety of reasons, but I'll move on.

-Supplements...I started taking Magnesium, Fish Oil and Probiotics daily. I swear they helped reduce my anxiety, improved my skin tone and hair, and helped have more regular bowel movements. I also have been taking a protein shake and melatonin at bed time which fills me up and helps me sleep soundly.

-Meds...My Psych has had me on Wellbutrin XL 300 mg since March and my depression had greatly improved. I also have more focus, perform great at work, and increase in sex drive and performance. I also take Paxil 10 mg with it in the morning. FYI, was taking it at night but doc said that it can prevent your body from getting REM sleep, and I've noticed a positive difference since adjusting.

I'm so happy to be able to provide a positive update. Stay strong everyone. Once we get through this, we can get through anything!

Thank you for posting this LG! It is so great to hear that at one year out, healing is happening for you! Congratulations on all your improvements.  Thanks again for thinking of us:)

Thank you! I haven't been on here that often, but believe me, I feel an unbelievable bond with everyone who has/is experienced this! Like I said, I do plan to share more. More people need to know about this crap!!

in general wellbutrin and paxil are antidepressants and most of them decrease sex drive or libido.but you had opposit .so good for you.antidrpressants have side effects themselves.so how long to take them and should be taper off or not.

Lakesguy35.It is great to hear you feel better but I am sorry to tell you that I think that this improvement comes most of all because you take antidepressant. They are in general much less problem than benzzo bur are still very hard medicals, they do have their side effects and soon or later you will need to go away from them and then you will need to go through WD again.It is well knowen that antidepressant minimal effect of benzzo too,but in any case it is great to hear positive story. :thumbsup: