Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzos prescribed for non-anxiety issues

[Do...]

While talking to a co-worker today who happens to be a child psychologist, I was mentioning my benzo withdrawal issues.  She stated that she didn't think it was the meds, that if I hadn't been taking klonopin I would have developed panic attacks and extreme anxiety years ago.  (Basically, my symptoms are just "returning anxiety").  I disagreed.  I stated that I thought there are other people going through withdrawal who took benzos for non-anxiety reasons (severe back pain or other issues not related to anxiety or panic).  She didn't think that was possible.  I am curious if anyone is going through withdrawal who wasn't prescribed benzos for anxiety or panic?  Thanks for any replies.

[26...]

I was prescribed klonopin for sleep.  I was not consciously aware of having any anxiety until I had taken benzos for several years.  No social anxiety.  No appreciable fears of flying or dentists or public speaking.  Didn't take benzos for any pain.  Just to help me fall and stay asleep.

So I (also) disagree with your co-worker.