Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How to taper slowly

[Ti...]

Have to taper off 2 mg Valium very slowly?  I am on 4 mg now, but I feel 2 mg is enough for me right now.  I Tryed months ago to taper one mg every two weeks, had to reinstate became very ill.

What is the best way to taper off of two mg.  thank you. Tina

[c9...]

2, 1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, 1, .9, .8, .7, .6, .5, .4, .3, .2, .1, 0  :)

Dissolve the pills to measure out those doses.

Hold at each of those doses for 1-2 weeks.

That's what I did and I'm benzo free now.

Have to taper off 2 mg Valium very slowly?  I am on 4 mg now, but I feel 2 mg is enough for me right now.  I Tryed months ago to taper one mg every two weeks, had to reinstate became very ill.

What is the best way to taper off of two mg.  thank you. Tina

A one mg reduction from four would have made a 25 percent cut which is huge. The recommended reduction rate is 5 to 10 percent every two weeks which is considerably slower than your past attempt. I would also suggest to make sure that you are stabilized as best as possible between cuts, and since Valium has such a long half life it can sometimes take a week or two to feel the full effects of a cut. I think you will do much better at a slower rate. Good Luck! :smitten:

[c9...]
I first drop a 10mg pill in a few ml of vodka, then dilute with water to form a solution with 1mg per 100ml. Pour out the desired dose (e.g. 2.5mg = 250 ml ) using a measuring cup. Store the unused solution in a pitcher in the refrigerator.

I first drop a 10mg pill in a few ml of vodka, then dilute with water to form a solution with 1mg per 100ml. Pour out the desired dose (e.g. 2.5mg = 250 ml ) using a measuring cup. Store the unused solution in a pitcher in the refrigerator.

Good info, but here's a little added info.  It really best to store your solution at room temp.  Your mix of benzo, alcohol, and water is non-perishable and does not require refrigeration.  Lower temps actually reduce solubility.

2, 1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, 1, .9, .8, .7, .6, .5, .4, .3, .2, .1, 0  :)

Dissolve the pills to measure out those doses.

Hold at each of those doses for 1-2 weeks.

That's what I did and I'm benzo free now.

@Chessplayer:  Nice going, bud!  Congrats.