Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Since coming back from hospital I cannot breath and sleep.

[Ma...]

4 month of WD is the worst one.Like you know I had Asthma attack and my lungs are working on 80 %.Since I came back home I am 24 hours in alert and cannot breath feel like choking all the time.this never stops.i tried meditation and relaxation.nothing.i cannot anymore people I just cannot. :-\

Something very similar happened to me at 5 months out. The entire month of September of last year was utterly dreadful. I recall having difficulty breathing for several weeks. It was like if I didn't consciously tell myself to breathe my body wouldn't do it for me. Weird. Sometimes my lungs would feel like they were burning, although the doctors could find nothing physically wrong with me. Eventually I crashed and slept for maybe 5 or 6 hours, which was a lot of sleep to me then. After that, things started to improve, slightly. I found that meditation and breathing exercises were mostly helpful. Although meditation may not appear to be helping you right now, I bet it will prove to be so in the long run.

Also, if you are not doing it already and are able to do so, try to get out for a walk or do a bit of walking (nothing too fast or overly time consuming, though) on a treadmill or even around your home for a few minutes everyday or every other day, etc. I was so weak at one point, I considered it a victory just to trudge outside a few days a week and lie in the sun. But it wasn't long after that that I began feeling strong enough to take a stroll around the neighborhood for a few minutes a day.

I am on the cusp of being 20 months off benzos and I feel 90% healed on most days. You will get there. Please just keep pushing on and try not to get discouraged when you feel as if you are trapped and/or are not healing as quickly as you would like. We have all been there, I can assure you. And yes, it sucks TOTALLY. But bit by bit things will improve. Good luck to you.

Thanks everybody for answering. Antibiotics was giving me hard time but after that I got better.Interesting story BGtidal. I think after this hard asthma attack I just got so scared that now I am watching over every breath... :'(

No i do not feel better. I am at doctors treatment. I still do not breath like I should and my neck hurts like it will explode every moment. I lost all hope.

Thanks but calming down techniques just do not help me. No matter how long and what I do. Just hypnotic meditation helps for sleep. But thank you!

Go back and ask for a different Inhaler,  I don't know if you already know but they are giving out different ones and they justdo not work like the older ones...zzit was a lady who put a posting up to wsrn people about this as her Inhaler would do nothing ...then her daughter was having the same problem ...it was days with nothing... these sre the new ones that sre a lot cheaper..,she insisted on the older one and it was better right away ,her daughter too ...just two puffs and better...I don't if this is your case but an Inhaler should give Instant relief...worth asking ...escuse errors my phone is awful this week.😊

Go back and ask for a different Inhaler,  I don't know if you already know but they are giving out different ones and they justdo not work like the older ones...zzit was a lady who put a posting up to wsrn people about this as her Inhaler would do nothing ...then her daughter was having the same problem ...it was days with nothing... these sre the new ones that sre a lot cheaper..,she insisted on the older one and it was better right away ,her daughter too ...just two puffs and better...I don't if this is your case but an Inhaler should give Instant relief...worth asking ...escuse errors my phone is awful this week.😊

I done that. Now I breath better but not really good.Thank you. My phone is broken so you are better.

That's good Masha, I thought about these cheaper Inhalers that a lady was warning people about when I read your post...pleased you got another one and it is better. :)

I started to have breathing problems, not severe but a wheeze and a bit of shortness of breath at night from the start of my taper off of klonopin.

They tested me and said I had late onset asthma., and gave me a puffer, I used this for about 4 months but a month ago I went back to be tested and it showed no asthma. Have not needed the puffer for a month and I go back again on Friday for a follow up test. They tell me it cant be the klonopin as klonopin will not cause this, I think it is as I never had this pre benzo and now I am getting low on dose it is getting better.