Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is healing possible after Partial CT?

[Tr...]

I was thrown unknowingly into a partial CT.    Or Maybe Straight CT.  I had been tapering for two years until I hit what I thought was .10mg of K. 

My CT was detected in Sept.  Since then things have been nothing short of hell, just hell.  You would think I was CT from a much higher dosage.  My symptoms have been unreal.  It's been 2 months of just unbearable agony.  Have not been able to stabilize on any dose. 

Is it possible to ever heal, because this was CT?  Feel so discouraged.

I went through total psychotic manic panic suicidal depression hell and I made it off a total CT. Your brain doesn't want you to believe you will heal  at this point, but you will. Just need to distract and survive.

You have not been written off...I can never figure out why certain posts are ignored and others get lots of responses.

You are suffering so badly, maybe BBers are afraid to add to your misery....

I am sorry for your medically induced CT and totally believe you will heal...when you feel better please do a more detailed history for your signature so more posters can help you.  September wasn't very long ago, and your suffering is not unexpected.

Best wishes....

you cold turkeyed from 0.1mg clonazepam? that is NOT a CT. people stop at this dose. altough a bit high you will be fine. I stopped at 0.03mg and still had some rough days post jump.

I assumed it was a cold turkey, it's been a crazy level of symptoms.  Just buck nut crazy, 24/7. 

For those who cold turkeyed voluntarily or not, I have no words to truly express how STRONG you are!!  Such Warrior's!!  MY WORD!!

you might not stabilize at 0.14. that what happened to me below 0.1. it wasn't hell however.

i'm 9 days out - and had some really rough moments, it is still hard, but i had some good moments as well.

you might be better of jumping and pushing it through, i wouldn't keep updosing at this point

I assumed it was a cold turkey, it's been a crazy level of symptoms.  Just buck nut crazy, 24/7. 

For those who cold turkeyed voluntarily or not, I have no words to truly express how STRONG you are!!  Such Warrior's!!  MY WORD!!

Yeah, it's kicking my A..    There is no relief in being in limbo.  I'm now wondering if my dosage was too low to be detected.  I had divided my dosage into twice daily.  .05mg am and pm.  I started my pills end of August.  Didn't go to the ER until Sept. 10th.  With K by day 3 I'm feeling something after a cut.  I've been tapering FOREVER!!   

Something is odd. 

Hey its not really a cold turkey like really however any stopping of a benzo is going to feel terrible.  This cold turkey thread is not heavily responded to because only other people who have cold turkey really come to it and those of us who cold turkey are rare around here.  I often recommend if you are truly needing support its good to also post on the withdrawal thread where a lot of people are currently active.

good luck in your future journey.  Everyone heals take care.

Hey its not really a cold turkey like really however any stopping of a benzo is going to feel terrible.  This cold turkey thread is not heavily responded to because only other people who have cold turkey really come to it and those of us who cold turkey are rare around here.  I often recommend if you are truly needing support its good to also post on the withdrawal thread where a lot of people are currently active.

good luck in your future journey.  Everyone heals take care.

Ok.....thank you.

It may not be considered a CT, but it feels like one.  I'm trying to post where I might get a reply. 

My mental sxs are intense.  Cog fog, dp/dr, fear, adrenline surge, feel empty inside, intrusive thoughts, brain feels off, forehead numbness, seems like I'm stuck in. Fight or Flight mode.

Can anyone offer any insight, or coping skills......

Seems a 2yr. taper would have avoided a lot of this, even with partial CT.

youll get through it buddy! i had a nasty CT then took a quinolone antibiotic that really fucked me up and im slowly getting better, i know youll get there too. every breath brings you closer to freedom.

YES - I cold turkeyed off 2mg of klon (not .2, 2!) and it was a real disaster! Complete mental break, every horrific symptom imaginable, couldn't eat, smell or taste, no sleep for at least 5 days straight, utter hell. Symptoms were the worst from Day 10 to 14, then started to improve after 2 weeks.

I'm now on day 7 from a klonopin jump from .16 and doing pretty okay. Still having sx, but they are fairly manageable. I hoping to be saying the thing in 3 days... ;)

You will get through this!

YES - I cold turkeyed off 2mg of klon (not .2, 2!) and it was a real disaster! Complete mental break, every horrific symptom imaginable, couldn't eat, smell or taste, no sleep for at least 5 days straight, utter hell. Symptoms were the worst from Day 10 to 14, then started to improve after 2 weeks.

I'm now on day 7 from a klonopin jump from .16 and doing pretty okay. Still having sx, but they are fairly manageable. I hoping to be saying the thing in 3 days... ;)

You will get through this!

Wow, is all I can say!!  You CT'd 2 mg?  How did you jump from .16? I may have missed something. 

What have your sxs been? 

You are doing very well. 

youll get through it buddy! i had a nasty CT then took a quinolone antibiotic that really fucked me up and im slowly getting better, i know youll get there too. every breath brings you closer to freedom.

Thank you for the support!!  I hope to start seeing some improvement.  Geez

Continued Heeling Brain!!

Try

Don't give up hope. Healing will happen. You can see from my signature that I went c/t. It's been hard and I did lose hope at points but I'm doing much better these past couple weeks.

Don't give up hope. Healing will happen. You can see from my signature that I went c/t. It's been hard and I did lose hope at points but I'm doing much better these past couple weeks.

Thanks Klonopinupgirl.........just very very hard.