Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Finally stabilized!

[Mu...]

During the past few months I've been having horrible symptoms because I was tapering way too fast, this week I finally stabilized on 7mg of Valium and I feel so much better, it feels awesome! the terror is gone, the daily crazy panic attacks are gone, fear of showering gone,I managed to go outside and take a walk today and I've been housebound for months! I also feel calm most of the day, I'll wait for this week to be over and I'll cut 0,5mg, I never listened to my body during this taper up until recently, I never thought I'd stabilize but it finally happened! hope you guys are doing well, only cut when you have fully stabilized and don't take the Ashton manual plan for granted like I did,I learned it the hard way.

So glad you're stabilized! Yes the Ashton schedule is a good starting point, but it's a guideline. You have to be willing to adjust the schedule according to your individual response. I was cutting .5mg every 10-14 days at 7mg and symptoms were manageable. Maybe that would be a good rate for you too.

I feel them but they're manageable. They feel about like the .5mg cuts did when I was still at higher doses. I'm getting more energy lately and my head is clearing up. I even started jogging a bit again. The low doses are treating me pretty decent.