Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Well enough to post finally!

[Mi...]

Hello benzobuddies

At the moment I am 6 months BENZO FREE! Thanks to this forum !

I was abusing all kinds of benzodiazapines off and on for 2 years (more on then off). I switched to valium once I found out that the benzo's were giving me problems.

I finished my taper from 40 mg valium in 2 months , jumped, and I am now over 6 months benzo free

I have been lurking on this forum for more then 7 months. I always wanted ro reach out to people, but interacting on a forum is very new for me.

at 6 months I already feell much better, but I still have some leftover symptons (mainly mental). I still have lots of recovery in front of me, but I expect to write my succes storry next year.

Q

Hello Mimihops10,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies and congratulations on being benzo free!  We're glad you are able to join now and receive support and encouragement as you recover from benzo use.  It looks like you found out that the drugs were causing you a lot of issues, good for you.

Your taper off a pretty high dose of valium was quite fast. It's a very good sign that you are already feeling much better.  That shows that a lot of good healing has taken place.

We look forward to your contributions.  I'll give you a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can post and receive feedback from members.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field. Although the manual discusses tapering, there is also a lot of good information about benzos in general.

It's really good that you are looking forward towards complete recovery, while withdrawal can be challenging, it is just temporary.  We look forward to reading your success story in the future. Please feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)