Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is liquid titration different than using a compounding pharmacy?

[NJ...]

I have just cut from 1 mg K to .5 K since May. My last drop on Thanksgiving was a bigger percentage than normal, as I dry cut and I just could not get an accurate weight on the second pill anymore it was so small. It was registering at zero, but obviously it weighed something. So I just dropped the second pill. My symptoms are now definitely ramped up, more nausea, anxiety and trouble sleeping. But manageable. I may hold an extra week at this dose just to be safe.

I realize now that when I get lower on the K I will need to do something other than dry cut to avoid a big drop like this. Liquid titration makes sense BUT in a previous taper attempt, I used a compounding pharmacy and it was a disaster. My body never seemed to adjust to the liquid. Is it different if I do the preparation of the K myself? I have not really scrutinized all the details of how I would need to do this. And is it better to start to move to a liquid when I am higher in dose or wait until I am lower and closer to the finish line?

And if I did proceed, how would I drop about 3 percent a week using a liquid? I realize I may need to slow this down--I am having some other non-benzo related gyno problems and work is about to get very stressful. I want to go slow so I can remain as functional as possible. My goal is get rid of the benzo not to go fast.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

you could experiment with liquid at your current dose of .5mg by liquifying .125mg of it (Quarter of the dose) and take without reducing and see if symptoms ramp up.  I would wait until the symptoms from your current cut stabilize first of course.  If you do fine on that, you could use titration to do smaller more accurate cuts as you get closer to zero.

Stay strong!

sharkey