Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Protein Bars and Smoothies

[Mi...]

Chances are pretty high that you're having terrible stomach issues, like IBS or benzo belly during withdrawal. It's completely normal and it sucks big time. The stomach has millions of GABA receptors. Eating solid large meals makes the stomach just feel worse, so you should consider eating smaller meals that have alot of vitamins, protein, minarals etc. A protein bar with a smoothie is a fantastic meal. I started with this combo during my withdrawal as I had extreme issues with my stomach, I couldn't even swallow right, my muscles were so weak. So I started making a smoothie with berries and almond milk, then I ate a protein bar. This brought me back to life, I was now getting enough protein in my body and also alot of important minerals and vitamins.

This combo worked so well for me I still use it now, 3 years later. I don't have too now that i'm healed, but I loved it so much that I adapted it into my diet. I advise anyone going through withdrawal to have you're body checked for malnutrition. It might be causing you alot of unnecessary symptoms. A simple urin test at you're local doctors office will do the job.  :)

I switched out the protein bar for quinoa. I didn't feel it was "good" protein in the bar and feel better eating more natural. My breakfast is a cup of organic yogurt mixed with quinoa and some berries. Very good on my stomach.

Morning smoothie for me every breakfast. Ingredients: 1 scoop chocolate Vega greens & protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1/2 avocado, big scoop of plain full fat yogurt, and coconut milk. Sometimes I throw in a few strawberries or blueberries.

Full fat yogurt and coconut milk - the brain needs fat. Trying to help it all I can.

Right now four weeks after final jump I have a really irritable bowel. B.Ms up to six times daily and bloated, painful abdomen with benzo belly. I am planning on morning and noon shakes of milk, banana and protein powder, and a very small dinner. What kind of protein bar would be good as a snack ?