Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Headache 24/7 advice

[1w...]

Any ideas for what I can take to allieviate this?  I'm all eyes and ears.  Looking forward to what you all have done.  Advil does nothing...😔

I had horrible headaches in early withdrawal. It was couple with horrific head pressure. I ended up in the ER day after day during the acute period I was in so much pain. Eventually they put me on a beta blocker. That was three years ago and i have never had another headache since.  However, what works for one doesn't always work for another. Wishing you relief soon. :smitten:

I had horrible headaches in early withdrawal. It was couple with horrific head pressure. I ended up in the ER day after day during the acute period I was in so much pain. Eventually they put me on a beta blocker. That was three years ago and i have never had another headache since.  However, what works for one doesn't always work for another. Wishing you relief soon. :smitten:

Do you still take the beta blocker?  Wondering which kind of a doc I should see for this?  Any suggestions?

Do you still take the beta blocker?  Wondering which kind of a doc I should see for this?  Any suggestions?

I started taking one for anxiety and insomnia... it's very helpful.  My PCP prescribes it.

I started taking one for anxiety and insomnia... it's very helpful.  My PCP prescribes it.

I will check into it. I so appreciate the feedback!

Any ideas for what I can take to allieviate this?  I'm all eyes and ears.  Looking forward to what you all have done.  Advil does nothing...😔

Vitamin B12 cured my migrains. Worth a try.

Nothing helps my headaches but imitrex which is unfortunate since it's a heavy duty prescription med but I find the headaches I get since stopping klonopin unbearable. I can't function when they hit and they'll last two days if I don't take imitrex.

I tried everything natural and all OTC pills and nothing helped. It's like taking a placebo.

I am having headaches right now for the past few days.  I took tylenol and it has been helping a bit. Sleep helps but lately I am having trouble with sleep a bit too.

I have excruciating head pressure right now, in my right side. My right side is a complete mess. Terrible tinnitus in my right ear, throbbing jaw pain on my right side, and really bad headaches on the right side of my head. This seems to go hand in hand with my insane heart rate issues. If my blood pressure is sky high, then I'll have really bad headaches. I've thought about asking about Beta Blockers, are they 'addictive' and hard to stop?. I am trying to stay away from meds tbf, but I've so had enough of this already.

I have excruciating head pressure right now, in my right side. My right side is a complete mess. Terrible tinnitus in my right ear, throbbing jaw pain on my right side, and really bad headaches on the right side of my head. This seems to go hand in hand with my insane heart rate issues. If my blood pressure is sky high, then I'll have really bad headaches. I've thought about asking about Beta Blockers, are they 'addictive' and hard to stop?. I am trying to stay away from meds tbf, but I've so had enough of this already.

As far as I know propranolol is not addictive and I have found it to be very helpful with anxiety and sleep.  I have low blood pressure so I take tiny amounts, although, I did updose the propranolol this week because my sxs were spiraling out.  The updose made me very tired but stopped the panic.  Ideally I would not take anything..but ideals wont keep me functioning well enough to stay employed so...

As far as I know propranolol is not addictive and I have found it to be very helpful with anxiety and sleep.  I have low blood pressure so I take tiny amounts, although, I did updose the propranolol this week because my sxs were spiraling out.  The updose made me very tired but stopped the panic.  Ideally I would not take anything..but ideals wont keep me functioning well enough to stay employed so...

Also my concentration and cognition are significantly better on the propranolol.

I may ask about it sometime. I wouldn't be able to talk about WD though because I'd just get passed back to the addiction agency and forcibly offered psych meds, as I have many times before. They offered me Seroquel for the flu once because I had a nasty high fever and had hallucinations from that, which I jokingly described as feeling like I was stuck in an infinity mirror lol. Gotta laugh, if I didn't I'd cry.

I'll also have to find out if it can cause false positives on drug tests because I've been through one of those before with the addiction agency, and it destroyed me. I got accused of taking Methadone as a result of a false positive from allergy meds, and even though you absolutely cannot take Subutex and Methadone together, it's been used against me. I have been told NOT to take ANY meds, OTC or otherwise. I am so sick though, I don't know what to do. If my heart rate issue gets any worse I'll have to go, and I really don't want to. I'm glad it's relieved some of your sxs though  :)

Neurontin has helped me immensely in this area along with the muscle spasms.  I understand that down the road there will be weaning off of this med, but it's been suggested by people in this forum that it's a much easier wean than getting off of benzos.  Like everything in life, you've got to weigh the risks and benefits. For me, being free from the headaches and muscle spasms far outweighs the prospect of getting off of neurontin. Also agree with previous buddy to be taking Vitamin B12 (I would also add an extra 500mg of magnesium to the supplements). Good luck!

Neurontin has helped me immensely in this area along with the muscle spasms.  I understand that down the road there will be weaning off of this med, but it's been suggested by people in this forum that it's a much easier wean than getting off of benzos.  Like everything in life, you've got to weigh the risks and benefits. For me, being free from the headaches and muscle spasms far outweighs the prospect of getting off of neurontin. Also agree with previous buddy to be taking Vitamin B12 (I would also add an extra 500mg of magnesium to the supplements). Good luck!

I'm so new to all this, I'm still learning as I go. It's fantastic that some of us have found ways to at least take the edge off WD. I'm in a sticky situation as I am/was a 'polydrug' addict and certainly get treated very much like a criminal even though I've never even been nicked by the cops lol, heh. I wish I'd never got started with any of it. I've got a lot to consider, I've not told many people about my WD because of their forceful, and to be frank, threatening attitudes towards me. I really worry that one day, when my journey through the hell of Benzo WD is over, I'll be utterly worn out and sick from being sick. I did get a brief reprieve from all this today, everything seemed to fade for a bit, but one thing that did stay very much with me is feeling extremely weak and drained. I used to do so much before all this, now I am saying 'well done' to myself if I manage to bring the bins in once a fortnight or walk into town. I realized today just how many things we take for granted.

I currently don't have a doctor.  I have divorced my PCP because she misdiagnosed me with Latent TB (extreme emotional trauma over this); a neurologist blew off all of my symptoms and gave me a

"you're crazy" look when I told him I had a SA in the middle of my taper; don't want to see a shrink because, well . . . my brain has shrunk as a result of taking this stuff.  So, if I do go to a doctor, what specialty would you all suggest and what should I tell them when I see them?  I'm all ears!  :idiot:

I'm so new to all this, I'm still learning as I go. It's fantastic that some of us have found ways to at least take the edge off WD. I'm in a sticky situation as I am/was a 'polydrug' addict and certainly get treated very much like a criminal even though I've never even been nicked by the cops lol, heh. I wish I'd never got started with any of it. I've got a lot to consider, I've not told many people about my WD because of their forceful, and to be frank, threatening attitudes towards me. I really worry that one day, when my journey through the hell of Benzo WD is over, I'll be utterly worn out and sick from being sick. I did get a brief reprieve from all this today, everything seemed to fade for a bit, but one thing that did stay very much with me is feeling extremely weak and drained. I used to do so much before all this, now I am saying 'well done' to myself if I manage to bring the bins in once a fortnight or walk into town. I realized today just how many things we take for granted.

I'm glad you had a relatively good day! :smitten: