Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

pill splitting.. scale? xanax

[va...]

I have been taking 0.125 (half a 0.25) xanax since July.  Before that i took it on and off.. and no issue when i'd stop.  But i have been trying to get off the 0.125 and it is awful.  I understand now i may need to go slower but HOW do you weigh these things?  or some people disolve pills?  I can kinda sorta split the 0.125 in half but that is not slow enough right now for me.  So i will split it on the side and take the "bigger halves" but that is so ... not exact in anyway.  I googled scales but i don't think they weigh low enough.  I searched topics and did find some in this regard of pill splitting but not HOW they did that w/ xanax.  (found that w/ some other benzos but wasn't sure if xanax would be the same.)  Does it come in a liquid or something?

i sit there looking at the half of a half and then i will say.. well i can take this smaller one here LOL.  it is less than scientific.

That's the exact scale i was recommended to purchase from someone here and that is the one i have been using. I have been shaving 1/4 of 1 mg klonopin which makes it a little more difficult since it is a higher potency tablet. But if you have .25 xanax, this scale should allow you to taper pretty efficiently. Remember you need to base your cuts on how much a full tablet weighs and then calculate accordingly.

I'm sure someone with more experience than me will chime in as well, but best of luck to you!

Thanks.  Another pill splitting question.  So i get the math.. but then you have all these little shards left.  Can you use those leftovers to add up to the same amount later?  or put them in a capsule?  I just went back up to the 0.125 and going to stay there for the week so i can decide what to do exactly.  And get the scale etc...