Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Immediate help needed...should I do what doc suggests?

[9d...]

Been off Ativan cold turkey for 7 weeks. Last night had panic so bad I had to go to emergency (health anxiety). The doc there suggested that I take my Ativan as prescribed today only until I get into my doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss alternative ways to treat my anxiety. I wish I wouldn't have cold turkey, it messed me up.

So if following the emergency room docs advice I will be taking 4 mgs of Ativan until I see doc tomorrow.  Will I suffer a big setback? I am still going through withdrawals and I certainly don't want to make it worse!  Thanks!

[ab...]
No...don't take any more benzos.  It very well could set you back big time.  I did the same thing and am still paying a huge price.  I CT'd and took benzos a month later and I am way f'd up now.  I am sure the panic attack is over by now.  Please don't put any more drug in your body.  You may start to turn a corner in another few weeks?

I personally would not take it. You have come so far. I would look for other ways to deal with my anxiety today and not tomorrow. Yes, you could experience a set back.