Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Immediate help needed...should I do what doc suggests?

[60...]

Been off Ativan cold turkey for 7 weeks. Last night had panic so bad I had to go to emergency (health anxiety). The doc there suggested that I take my Ativan as prescribed today only until I get into my doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss alternative ways to treat my anxiety. I wish I wouldn't have cold turkey, it messed me up.

So if following the emergency room docs advice I will be taking 4 mgs of Ativan until I see doc tomorrow.  Will I suffer a big setback? I am still going through withdrawals and I certainly don't want to make it worse!  Thanks!

[c6...]
No...don't take any more benzos.  It very well could set you back big time.  I did the same thing and am still paying a huge price.  I CT'd and took benzos a month later and I am way f'd up now.  I am sure the panic attack is over by now.  Please don't put any more drug in your body.  You may start to turn a corner in another few weeks?

I personally would not take it. You have come so far. I would look for other ways to deal with my anxiety today and not tomorrow. Yes, you could experience a set back.