Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Cutting klonopin - last 1.375mg help

[Da...]

I've been tapering my klonopin since July 2016.  I started at 4.5mg and tapered .25mg every week for a while and stopped at 1.75, held, dropped to 1.5mg.  Then dropped to 1.375mg two weeks ago and have been holding since.

I'm not sure if I'm having w/d symptoms or tolerance, but the symptoms have gotten worse over the last week instead of better.

So my plan moving forward is-

1.375mg

1.25 mg 11/27

1.125 mg 12/4

1 mg 12/11

.875mg 12/18

.75mg 12/25

.625 mg 1/1

.5mg 1/8

.375 mg 1/15

.25 mg 1/22

.125 mg 1/29

.06 mg 2/5

Jump 2/12

Does this ok? I need to be off this stuff like yesterday. It's killing me more every day.

In my personal, recent experience, I had symptoms that got worse over 6 weeks. I reinstated fully to .75 from .375 (I took 6 or so months to get this low, even this was too fast), and it didn't really solve my problems.

So before you send your body in to shock like I did mine, I would SERIOUSLY, PLEASE consider going back up to 1.5 for a few weeks until you feel fine again. Then merrily go on your way and continue your taper. You've come so far already, and your brain is healing as you reduce. Please don't rush this process, I guarantee you will be sorry, and especially with so many responsibilities I wouldn't want to see you unable to fulfill them.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you've done great but going from 1.375 to zero between now and early February sounds very ambitious. I have dropped .5 mg in the past six months and fully anticipate the remaining .5 will take at least six months, maybe more.

You say you need to be off this stuff, but if you want to try to remain relatively symptom free and functional I would think you would really need to slow it down as you near the end, like real slow. like no more than 10 percent a month. Your planned cuts near the end are 50 percent a week (.23, .125. .06). Maybe you can do it, but why risk it?

you need to slow down. i would cut no more then 0.125 every 1-2 weeks or so. once you get to 0.5 switch to liquid or don't cut more then 0.05 or so. it might catch up with you.

also if you feel more symptoms, stop cutting for a while till you level out

you need to slow down. i would cut no more then 0.125 every 1-2 weeks or so. once you get to 0.5 switch to liquid or don't cut more then 0.05 or so. it might catch up with you.

also if you feel more symptoms, stop cutting for a while till you level out

:thumbsup:

I'm at 1.25- cut on the 11/27 and been holding. How long does it typically take to stabilize? I think I'm holding through Christmas to give everything a break but I'm very nervous that I'll feel worse instead of better. Do most people stabilize with a hold?

the majority of people somewhat stabilize I believe. you still on a fairly large dose which should be stable. i did not stabilize really that much when I got below 0.125, altough it was managable

I'm at 1.25- cut on the 11/27 and been holding. How long does it typically take to stabilize? I think I'm holding through Christmas to give everything a break but I'm very nervous that I'll feel worse instead of better. Do most people stabilize with a hold?