Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Morning head pain

[co...]

Does anyone else experience really bad morning head pain / presssure? I get these massive headaches when I wake up which always starts the day out terrible. I just end up lying in bed for 3 hours not sleeping. Wondering if this sh*t will end at some point. I'm assuming these are symptoms of acute withdrawal but I'm not sure. It seems that when I get up out of bed, the headaches / pain goes away. But by then, I'm so depressed, agitated, and fearful that this will never end that it doesn't really matter.

Thank you for your inisights,

Does anyone else experience really bad morning head pain / presssure? I get these massive headaches when I wake up which always starts the day out terrible. I just end up lying in bed for 3 hours not sleeping. Wondering if this sh*t will end at some point. I'm assuming these are symptoms of acute withdrawal but I'm not sure. It seems that when I get up out of bed, the headaches / pain goes away. But by then, I'm so depressed, agitated, and fearful that this will never end that it doesn't really matter.

Thank you for your inisights,

Yes and it's an unrelenting, daily thing for me. I feel very unwell in the mornings. I have severe buzzing/vibrating, head pressure, muscle 'pulling', nerve pain etc and this is extreme in the mornings. I also get terrifying disturbing nightmares and awful 'energy surges' and fast heart rate at night if I am trying to sleep, and it's awful in the morning too. I have personally yet to find anything that improves this.

I am currently just over two months post jump, so like you, I am still in acute. Feel free to ask me anything.

Thanks Dapple. Good luck on your journey through this. Reach out anytime.... I've tried everything.

Thanks. I have tried everything too. I haven't been to sleep for ages, I have lost count of the days I have been awake. I am currently 'ablaze' with buzzing/vibrating, zapping nerve pain, thumping heart etc. I cannot see an end to this. I'm very weak and drained, all my strength is gone. I'm also currently having some bizarre hallucinations from sleep deprivation.  :sick:

Yes, I get this too.  I am not that long completely off, so I am hoping it will abate.  Sometimes the headache disappears when I get up, sometimes it is there most of the day.  :(

Dapple  Have you tried shutting down w a hot bath and something other than a benzo for sleep? melatonin etc. Check the insomnia section here  you gotta find a pattern  I sleep from about 3am to about 9am

Dapple  Have you tried shutting down w a hot bath and something other than a benzo for sleep? melatonin etc. Check the insomnia section here  you gotta find a pattern  I sleep from about 3am to about 9am

Oddly enough I don't 'buzz' when I am in the bath lol. Melatonin is a POM here and I am currently not in a position to go to my doctor and ask for something like that. I got reported to the addiction clinic for 'drug seeking' when I went to my GP with the flu, so I really can't ask them for anything. I've tried everything else. I know not sleeping is making me sicker, and I'm not sleeping because I am sick, vicious circle. I feel really dizzy today and sleep deprivation brings the DP/DR that I was getting as a paradoxical reaction to Benzos back too. It makes my visual snow worse, exacerbates all my sxs to unbearable levels and makes them even harder to cope with. The Insomnia is a symptom, and it's also the cause of sxs too. 

I think some of my issue is worrying about how sick I will be in the morning, that stops me from sleeping. My nerve pain and pain from my non-WD related issues also fuels it. I felt truly dreadful this morning and I still do, my head pressure is awful, I feel so dizzy I was stood in the sodding pharmacy swaying on my feet. I dread to think what they thought.