Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Alcohol- can anyone relate or explain t

[Li...]

i can't tolerate alcohol.... I mean at all

It brings my withdrawal symptoms back within hours of one glass of wine or one beer and for days afterward... why is this

I'm so sad so feel like I'm a glutton for punishment.  I haven't been doing well lately and I'm

Just defeated . 

I can totally relate, sometimes alcohol brings mine back too but *I still have a glass sometimes anyway!*. I think sometimes we desperately need a break, or I do anyway. Sometimes a glass or two doesn't hurt me but it's a roll of the dice, sometimes I get symptoms like yours.

I read that when healing is complete, alcohol is tolerable again. That day will come again for you.

Your body is still healing and alcohol irritates you CNS and causes a temporary uptick in symptoms for some people. Once healed you will be able tolerate booze again. Hang in there!

It brings my withdrawal symptoms back within hours of one glass of wine or one beer and for days afterward... why is this

I'm so sad so feel like I'm a glutton for punishment.  I haven't been doing well lately and I'm

Just defeated .

I quit drinking alcohol all together after quitting benzo's.

Just defeated .

Oh yes. I made this mistake about a week ago thinking it may calm by buzzing/vibrating down a bit. Oh no, I've put myself into a whole new level of hell by doing it. The buzzing/vibrating has increased to a level now where it's starting to hurt, and I do not deal well with pain. I felt so awful and honestly think that one small drink has set me back months. I am incredibly fragile.  :sick:

I really don't think that the one drink will set you back months. The only thing that would do that would be if you took Benzos again. Hang in there. I'm sure you will be back to baseline soon.

I really don't think that the one drink will set you back months. The only thing that would do that would be if you took Benzos again. Hang in there. I'm sure you will be back to baseline soon.

That's how it feels, I'm overreacting on that I know but it has set off new sxs, either that or I was going to get them anyway, it's so hard knowing what causes what, I am very new to this hell. I will never touch another Benzo again, I've totally obliterated my GABA system and I have to accept that's going to take time to fix that, and that's a really hard concept for me right now. Anything that was 'normal' to me is now a very rare privilege.

Dapple - I know exactly how you feel. I've been there. I think sometimes we hyper analyze our symptoms so much and it makes things worse. It's easier said then done but doing things to get your mind off the WD is key. I wouldn't be concerned with the little bit of alcohol having any long term effect on your WD. Distract you mind. Try yoga or meditation and eat a good clean diet for a while and you will be fine. Stay away from supplements and I wouldn't drink again until 95 to 100 healed and go slow at first. You will be fine. Just takes time