Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Christmas and Holiday Distraction Thread

[wa...]

Well, well, well -- you made it through Thanksgiving and now comes more holidays.  Good reason for distraction!  Only rules are anything having to do with the holidays.

Black Friday: A day Americans are willing to kill over materialistic things just a day after celebrating what they're already thankful for.

Once I figure out how to post pics - I will. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gr...]

• [Ce...]

• [wa...]

• [br...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, well -- you made it through Thanksgiving and now comes more holidays.  Good reason for distraction!  Only rules are anything having to do with the holidays.

Black Friday: A day Americans are willing to kill over materialistic things just a day after celebrating what they're already thankful for.

Once I figure out how to post pics - I will.

This is great WBB...said beautifully...yesterday was peace...today is all out war!! For some, and then here are chickens like me...no way do I shop on black Friday...and this is why...http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s501/charlie1451/dhgjghf.jpg

Heres hoping everyone has a safe and peaceful week end....

Well, this is my THIRD time writing this...I should have it memorized by now, but I don't! lol My internet is driving me nutso!!

That is really pretty D and same to you, I had to copy this to my PB account. I chose a different one not as pretty, but the meaning is there all the same and I must add love as well.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/LadyFire/Christmas/Merry%20Christmas%20Graphics/0010.gif

I'll start with some trivia?? And save the corny jokes for later (only fair to warn ya  ;D)

"The Nutcracker" is the name for the ballet performed around Christmas time each year. "The Nutcracker Suite" is the title of the music Tchaikovsky wrote.

Isn't that from the Norelco shaver commercial where Santa is riding in the shaver head? I haven't seen that in years! Nice job!  :thumbsup:

Yes! It was always a sign that Christmas was near...Is this the one with Burl Ives voice narrating?? Or was that another commercial??

"White Christmas" (1954), starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, was the first movie to be made in Vista Vision, a deep-focus process. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l220/violetwitch4eva/Av%20and%20Sig/whitexmasan.gif

Wow, WBB...this looks a lot like my own Christmases! Oh...what great memories!!!! We had a clock exactly like that one. And the TV! The tinsil?? Geez...I miss those carefree non benzo innocent fun loving days! Oh, and remember the plastic on the lampshades?? I even kept that tradition up into my marriage for a while in the early years. Thanks for the share. You sure know how to share pics now! Good job.... :)

That photo is actually a Diane Arbus.  But when I first saw it years ago, it resonated with me.  My parents were so reluctant - they never took photos on Christmas.  WBB

Trivia Time!...

Born on Christmas Day:

1924 - Rod Serling (scriptwriter: The Twilight Zone, Requiem for a Heavyweight, Planet of the Apes, Seven Days in May)

Besides Christ being born, can anyone else think of anyone?? My brother in law was a Christmas baby! He was jipped as a child out of getting birthday presents, because ppl would give him a Christmas present and say Happy Birthday at the same time...he never quite got over the trauma. Poor thing... ::)

When I lived in N.Y. I went to a friends house. The sofas were covered in plastic, as were the sofas, chairs , lamps  and dining room seats. The furniture underneath the covers was pristine new. You stuck to the seats when you sat down, and worse, made farty noises. They were a well off family, living in a gorgeous apartment on 5th Avenue. Go figure

Christmas Pudding

When I lived in N.Y. I went to a friends house. The sofas were covered in plastic, as were the sofas, chairs , lamps  and dining room seats. The furniture underneath the covers was pristine new. You stuck to the seats when you sat down, and worse, made farty noises. They were a well off family, living in a gorgeous apartment on 5th Avenue. Go figure

Christmas Pudding

:2funny: This is so funny, Rabbit!! I was thinking that same thing, ppl who usually did that never even used the room that they spent tons of money to decorate! I never understood that!? It was just for show?? Not much of a home, I don't think. Kinda sad really... :(

Someone else born on Christmas Day....1949 - Sissy (Mary) Spacek...http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee219/kimmie1076/smileys/antlers.gif

Those are so sweet -- Grandma D  - Do i see a Hummel in there?  I remember those.  WBB

No Hummel WBB - Hubbies sisters got all those.

Thought I would share with y'all a picture of our Christmas tree and our beloved pooch...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/PioneerSpirit/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-11/20161127_193717.jpg

Beautiful pics D...thanks for the share...you guys have a lovely home...and the doggie is adorable and looks very content!....I'm not really much of a cat person, but thought this was pretty sweet and funny...http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o624/Jadee52/More%20smileys%20gifs/christmas%20smileys/Christmas75llisallindsay.gif Merry Christmas from the kitties!