Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Buzzing/vibrating and pain

[Da...]

Does anyone else here who has the buzzing/vibrating/electrical zapping notice that if they are in pain, any kind of pain WD or non-WD related, notice that this horrible sensation will 'conglomerate' exactly where the pain is?. I have other issues which cause me really bad pain and this just pushes me to breaking point. I had a really bad episode a couple of weeks ago that caused me, among other things, to become literally delirious from the pain during the night (dizzy, disoriented, sick, can't speak/talking gibberish etc), doctors don't care and just blame 'drug abuse' even though this issue existed before and probably drove me to drug abuse!!!.  I feel like I'm being tortured on many occasions. I also now have nerve pain from Benzo WD too, it's really getting too much. No basic painkiller touches it and I can't take stronger ones as I also have an Opiate addiction and am on Subutex so a sugar pill would do more good. I am thinking that Subutex is also making my Benzo WD worse now too. I can't risk taking any meds as I am tested by the addiction agency and have already had a false positive test for Methadone caused by antihistamine allergy meds and this has destroyed me (even though it's nonsensical and has no basis in science as you cannot take Methadone and Subutex together as it'll cause precipitated WD). This had a very negative impact on me emotionally and since then I dread every single appointment with them.

:(

If you look at a couple of my posts I've talked about the buzzing feeling. I have it ALL over my face, cheek bones, temples, head, etc. When I have a really bad wave going on (most of the time unfortunately) It all I can feel. I can literally feel my muscles/nerves in my face pulsating. It's enough to drive someone mad.

Yeah I've read those posts. It's one of my worst sxs and it's driving me mad. If something else is causing me pain, it'll focus entirely on where the pain is, and that's like torture. It moved from being 'central' to all the parts of me that hurt. I honestly shook and cried for two days after my last 'episode' of that. This is like two steps forward and three back.  :sick:

Here I am again... Bookmarking...

I haven't seen alot of people post about this so I'm just beside myself right now.....  :'(

Me too. I can't sleep or sit still because of it. The one and only thing that reduces it by about 2% is to move around constantly but I'm so tired I really can't afford to drain any more of my strength by doing this. It's absolutely terrible, I've had some nasty physical illnesses in my time but this beats them all tenfold. I've utterly had enough. I'm going to snap completely if I have my appointment with the addiction agency about my Subutex next month and still test positive for Benzos and get my Subutex (which I think may be affecting my CNS and GABA receptors in a negative way, I'll have to do more research), forcibly reduced and be forced to collect it on Saturdays too. I already collect it five days a week on supervised dosing because I'm still testing positive for Benzos and nobody believes I am off them!. Oh if only they knew. I only have one emotion now (the rest have been dulled by exhaustion) and that is utter despair. I have destroyed my body and obliterated my GABA system with Benzos, now I am paying the ultimate price.  :sick:

I have the buzzing/humming feeling throughout my body 24/7. I have had it since I started my taper.

Along with the muscle,tendon,joint pain. It really sucks.

I have the buzzing/humming feeling throughout my body 24/7. I have had it since I started my taper.

Along with the muscle,tendon,joint pain. It really sucks.

I'm starting to get a lot of pain with it too, and as I said, if I am already in pain of any kind, this torturous sensation will move to all the parts of my body that hurt. I had a really horrendous episode a couple of weeks ago. Yeah I've had episodes like it before but with Benzo WD on top it was agonizing terror. I thought I was going to die at one point. I snapped out of reality completely for about ten minutes. Again I had issues like this before WD from my other issues, but the WD sxs and severe sleep deprivation just topped it off with a nice side of delirium (disorientation, dizziness, couldn't speak and if I tried I wasn't making any sense, shaking, feeling sick, hallucinations, level 100 pain and sheer terror). Yeah, had that before too, nothing new for me when I am unwell or in a lot of pain, but WD sxs made it feel a million times WORSE. I can't deal well with pain at the best of times. I had to go to the sodding pharmacy the morning after this too and to this day I don't have much of a clue how I managed that. :sick: