Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Bun in the oven

[Li...]

I have read and became familiar with Benzo Belly. Is it still possible to experience Benzo belly if you tapered down to 2/3 of the Benzo dose you used to take. If so.... I need some help and remedies fast.

I have read and became familiar with Benzo Belly. Is it still possible to experience Benzo belly if you tapered down to 2/3 of the Benzo dose you used to take. If so.... I need some help and remedies fast.

Hi Litopapp,

Benzo Belly is an awful reality unfortunately. I don't know about remedies, I only know that if you watch your diet, it's less likely to become too bothersome intestinally. If I watch carbs like sugar and watch my salt intake I'm not as gassy and am less uncomfortable.

I don't know how long it goes on for...I'm just a little over 5 months out. I do think it will improve with time. It's really bloating and uncomfortable and sticks out like I'm PG by about 6 months some days more than others. Let's hope for a happy ending on the belly stuff as well as our other nasty sxs....do try cutting back on the carbs and the salt to see if it helps. Keep us posted!

Best wishes....~CeCe        :mybuddy:

Mine arrived over night and hasn't left since no matter what I do. I had a totallly flat stomach so it has been a real psychological downer. I think it will just resolve in its own eventually.  :)--V