Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone try Remeron for sleep

[pt...]

I've never used it, but many think it works quite well for sleep. Start at a lower dose of 3.75 or 7.5 mg, higher doses can be activating. I don't think it is that effective for anxiety, though.

Any info on Remeron (miritzapine) for sleep . Or help with anxiety .

Thanks much !

I tried it for one night, and I hated it. Never took it again. I used anti histamines (allergy pills) for sleep. Safe and works.

it helped me with sleep - and relaxed me in the evening. but i hated the next day. agitation, anger, sleepiness all day

and sugar cravings

give it a shot, i've heard its also hard to come off long term

I was given it for anxiety symptoms due to hitting tolerance with Klonopin.

It didn't really help. Just made me hungry, which leads to weight gain.

I tapered down to 7.5mg and am holding there, because it does help me

with sleep. I would say only use it as a last resort. I'll have to

taper it off (2 weeks-a month) to zero eventually.

Good luck,

Justaman

I have taken Mirtazapine.  It does help with sleep, but more so at first, not so much if you are on it long term.  It isn't a very effective anti depressant, and it doesn't reduce anxiety, maybe just minimally.  What it does do is make you eat everything that isn't nailed down.  So, if you want to gain weight, it's excellent. 

I went on mirtazapine and can only warn you that it doesn't help in the long run,it will help you to sleep,but in my opinion all the bad side effects make it not worth it. I found it was making me feel really ill,decided to come off it really quickly went from 30mg to 15mg to 0 in space of three weeks,felt awful it'll just be another drug to come off after everything else!! I wish I hadn't started taking it to begin with. Sorry if this isn't very helpful but I don't like mirtazapine at all.