Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Any hope at all? Please help.

[4G...]

Hi. I am tapering off diazepam, currently 7.4mg. I am in bed because of bad depression. I have tried for the last 16 months coming off this drug to get up and do things but I haven't got the motivation any more. Every day drags and I don't feel any better and I've got such a long way to go. I am scared of the suicidal thoughts that I have. Please help.

Hi Gilly, I really do empathise with you, I could have written your post myself as it pretty much describes my daily battle that has been ongoing since April. I am at .75mg and it's pretty brutal I am supposed to cut again tomorrow but we'll see.

Wrt SI I know there are resources on here somewhere but maybe you should consider ringing the cmht in your area?  It may be useful to talk to someone about how you are feeling.

I really wish I could help more, best wishes and love

G

Thanks geemo. I can ring the cmht but they don't ring me back. They've known me for six years now and are fed up of me.  They don't seem to understand benzo withdrawal. I will keep hanging on. I hope you feel better soon. I wish I was as low as you! Well done! Gilly x

I have the same problem, I have been advised to updose and start again by BAT but the gp and the consultant psych aren't interested, cmht hung up on me the other day!

Gilly just remember the suicidal thoughts and feelings you have are normal when coming off benzos and you don't have to act on them. Maybe a different anti depressant could help with this?

All the best,

hopefulscot.

Hang in there Gilly.  I'm going through a bad spell myself.  Just had surgery which threw me into a horrible wave (honestly it feels like a cut!) 2 weeks after and I'm struggling to get out.  I'm having crying, depression, low motivation, suicidal ideation (will not act on it), the whole bit.  I don't have any great words of wisdom but just want you to know I'm in the same place so I understand.  Are you tapering or holding right now? I'm holding until I can get out of this yuck spot.  My surgery was 3 weeks ago. I hate it when my brain gets like this, it feels like I'll never get out again, but if I look back at history it seems like the fog and depression lifts, until the next cut at least  :sick:  You are halfway there according to your sig, so congrats on that!  I'm 1 mg away from being able to say that.

geemo, that doesn't surprise me at all about your cmht. I think you have to have attempted suicide before they are interested. Some of the women on the helpline are absolute bitches and shouldn't be in that job. I think part of it could be lack of funds.

hopefulscot, thank you SO much for your kindness. I am cutting at the moment so daren't change my a/d. But I am so grateful for your response.

Hope76, I am sorry that you are going through this crap. Having surgery must have been very challenging. Will have a look at your signature. Sending you warm wishes and stamina to stay in the race. You do sound just like me. Poor you! Hugs.

Gilly xxx

Hey Gilly!

Sorry I have been MIA but I'm still moving. I'm so sorry you are still suffering but Valium is noted for that. I think if you can manage to get rid of your Valium this will go away. This is why so many people here are wary about taking it. Also when you get below 10 mg it seems to get worse. So you're not alone with this. Try and take heart in that, tho easier said than done. I'll be thinking of you and before long this will just be a bad nightmare for you. You are stronger than you think. Best wishes to you. :smitten:👌🏿

Hey Gilly!

Sorry I have been MIA but I'm still moving. I'm so sorry you are still suffering but Valium is noted for that. I think if you can manage to get rid of your Valium this will go away. This is why so many people here are wary about taking it. Also when you get below 10 mg it seems to get worse. So you're not alone with this. Try and take heart in that, tho easier said than done. I'll be thinking of you and before long this will just be a bad nightmare for you. You are stronger than you think. Best wishes to you. :smitten:👌🏿

Benzogirl you are alive! I was wondering about you the other day. And look at you almost down to 40 mg! Hope your move is going well. I agree Valium is very depressing!

Yes I'm alive and kicking but this darn move is ripping the guts out of me. I have my loan approval but some idiot is suing someone else in the facility so we are waiting on a lawyer to send a letter that it has nothing to do with me. And boy, you know how Barristers are! I am typing from my iPhone and this is much worse than using my desktop . I think from now on I'll dictate my posts no matter the typos! So many newbies here it seems like it's turning into Facebook  :laugh:

Glad they are here but sorry they need to be here. You know how that goes........ ::) I suppose everyone has forgotten about me and the new people don't know me. Aah well. Life throws you a curve 🏀 so go with the flow Gilly. Send me a PM if you like as mine is now up and running. Now you get well or I'll come to England and make you eat one of those horrid pies that have fish sticking out of them or whatever you call that "food" that is unfit for human consumption  :D Now  don't get me started on that election  >:( Obama said it all to Cameron. :'(

Take care and be well, Gilly  :angel:

Betsy ❤️❤️

Ah, benzogirl, you are back and being a cheeky monkey already. I rise above politics these days. I no longer wish to be called a schmuck by some schmuck on the forum. And I bet I know who got his vote!

Good to see you, you Beatles-mad woman!!!

I try to be strong. These benzos would fry Einstein's brain...

Ah, benzogirl, you are back and being a cheeky monkey already. I rise above politics these days. I no longer wish to be called a schmuck by some schmuck on the forum. And I bet I know who got his vote!

Good to see you, you Beatles-mad woman!!!

I try to be strong. These benzos would fry Einstein's brain...

Hey Gilly

I guess I can't say Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 to you but there's no reason why you can't pig out. I'll be happy to call you a schmuck but you know that Yiddish translation can't be written here. :laugh: Yes I think that Einstein's brain would be fried. I think mine is. Good memory as right now I am listening to "Free as a bird" from the anthology series which is the best set of albums since "All Things Must Pass." I recall you asking a question about where the Beatles played when they started to get popular and I had to lol because that one was so easy. I'll be at friend's house later today and :oops: goes my diet! More gym time for me .  I hope you have a better day today than yesterday because this is just ridiculous 👎🏿🔜

❤️❤️❤️ Betsy