Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is it possible to do too much?

[Da...]

I've been pretty sedentary for the last couple months as I try to just get through this process. The house had reached a point that we needed to suck it up and get it cleaned. So the last two days were spent cleaning and decluttering.

Today I'm anxious, nauseous, exhausted, agitated, irritable and an overall not well, on the edge feeling.

Is it possible that doing too much can cause withdrawals to be exacerbated?

Do any of you plan to travel or go out for the holiday? We usually go to family's but I've pretty much told my wife to plan to stay home and cook dinner ourselves.

I feel better when I can do stuff, was exercising until my knee and now my back went out.

Your taper looks really rapid. Maybe not at your level but when you get down to one its not going to work

I feel better when I actually force myself to do stuff but yes if I overdo it sometimes makes me feel really wiped out. So I try and pace myself. Think maybe you're just having a rough day. They happen to me when I least expect them. B

For me, I've had tremendous weakness for years.  However, on good days I would do too much and felt like I could hardly get out of the bed.  (I'm not exaggerating one bit).  My ears would ring and I would have digestive issues as well.  Now, I have to discipline myself to rest and just listen to my body.  It's not easy for me, since I'm a type A personality.

I try to follow do but don't overdo. It's hard though when I feel really well but I've learned that to overdo is overkill! I end Up paying for it almost always. So moderation is my word to myself...with everything. B

I think it's very possible to overdo it. It's great to get things done, don't get me wrong but I've found when I write out a to do list I can do about a fourth of it realistically. Try and plan out your tasks and then tackle them piece by piece so you don't exhaust yourself. Good job on cleaning though! I'm about three weeks out from my last dose and just now have the motivation and energy to clean up, it's a lovely feeling though. You'll get through this :)