Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Vodka Titration?

[ma...]

Bit confused about this, as I thought the smallest amount of alcohol was very bad during tapering and during recovery.

Why is this considered a good idea?

We're talking about a teaspoon, tops, per day, just to dissolve the pills then add to water. That much will not affect you cumulatively. A beer or a drink will have adverse affects, though. For most, anyway.

Wrecked my taper because of a 1 night bender on beer.

Bit confused about this, as I thought the smallest amount of alcohol was very bad during tapering and during recovery.

It's a good idea because alcohol is a very effective solvent for most benzo, can be extensively diluted with water, and provides a very simple, reliable way to liquify your benzo. 

Generally, 2ml 80 proof vodka is more than enough to liquify 1 mg V.  (2ml vodka is .8ml alcohol, a really tiny amount).  You get more alcohol in a glass of fruit juice, or ingest more every time you use a mouthwash.

Your not going to drinking the alcohol, you're just using to create a uniform solution.  Alcohol is probably the most commonly used pharma solvent there is.  It's used as a basis for several Rx grade liquid benzos.

If you really have a hangup about alcohol, you can use propylene glycol.

because it is a minescule amount.

• 2 years later...
Would two millilters of vodka be what I would use for 0.25mg's of Kloninpin as well? I get fifteen 0.5mg tablets of Kloninpin every 30 days. I split that in half and take one every night. When I start my titration I'm not going to split the pill in half. Instead I'm going to use the whole 0.5 and make it into two doses, meaning I going to make a 50ml solution and split it up into 25ml doses. I'm working hard on putting this all together and getting started on getting the rest of way off of these demons!! I have been stuck on this 0.25mg hell since 2013. I did so well at getting of off the higher doses, as hellish as it was, but I just didn't know how to get off of the rest!