Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Splitting Valium dose equally?

[Rh...]

Hello, I have been dry cut tapering off of Valium 15 mg's for a few months.  I recently got down to 3 mg's, became very ill with untolerable withdrawal, and had to go back up to 5 mg's.  Since then every time I try to make a taper, I get soooo sick. I was doing 1 mg cuts, then 1/2 mg cuts.  My withdrawal is unlike any other times before and I end up updosing back to 5 mg's again.

I am considering the liquid titration method for the last 5 mg's but have read I should split my dose evenly throughout the day (half in the am and half in the pm).  I only take it at night now but wake up sick and am sick all day.  I tried yesterday to take just 1 mg in the afternoon and it kicked my butt.

Confused on what to do from here?  Any advice?

Hello, I have been dry cut tapering off of Valium 15 mg's for a few months.  I recently got down to 3 mg's, became very ill with untolerable withdrawal, and had to go back up to 5 mg's.  Since then every time I try to make a taper, I get soooo sick. I was doing 1 mg cuts, then 1/2 mg cuts.  My withdrawal is unlike any other times before and I end up updosing back to 5 mg's again.

I am considering the liquid titration method for the last 5 mg's but have read I should split my dose evenly throughout the day (half in the am and half in the pm).  I only take it at night now but wake up sick and am sick all day.  I tried yesterday to take just 1 mg in the afternoon and it kicked my butt.

Confused on what to do from here?  Any advice?

Many folks reach a point where any "tablet cut" is too much.  I reached that point a 9mg, when I could no longer cut .5mg at time.  Eventually I learned about daily microtapering withliquid, and was able to finish my taper with only mild, occasional sxs.

From the very beginning of my V use, I always took uneven doses, usually 2/3-3/4 of my dose PM. When I tapered down to 3mg, I just went to once-a-day dosing.  Because of its long half life, V is not sensitive to varying levels throughout the day.  Many folks actually do just fine a once-a-day dosing.