Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Splitting Valium dose equally?

[Rh...]

Hello, I have been dry cut tapering off of Valium 15 mg's for a few months.  I recently got down to 3 mg's, became very ill with untolerable withdrawal, and had to go back up to 5 mg's.  Since then every time I try to make a taper, I get soooo sick. I was doing 1 mg cuts, then 1/2 mg cuts.  My withdrawal is unlike any other times before and I end up updosing back to 5 mg's again.

I am considering the liquid titration method for the last 5 mg's but have read I should split my dose evenly throughout the day (half in the am and half in the pm).  I only take it at night now but wake up sick and am sick all day.  I tried yesterday to take just 1 mg in the afternoon and it kicked my butt.

Confused on what to do from here?  Any advice?

Hello, I have been dry cut tapering off of Valium 15 mg's for a few months.  I recently got down to 3 mg's, became very ill with untolerable withdrawal, and had to go back up to 5 mg's.  Since then every time I try to make a taper, I get soooo sick. I was doing 1 mg cuts, then 1/2 mg cuts.  My withdrawal is unlike any other times before and I end up updosing back to 5 mg's again.

I am considering the liquid titration method for the last 5 mg's but have read I should split my dose evenly throughout the day (half in the am and half in the pm).  I only take it at night now but wake up sick and am sick all day.  I tried yesterday to take just 1 mg in the afternoon and it kicked my butt.

Confused on what to do from here?  Any advice?

Many folks reach a point where any "tablet cut" is too much.  I reached that point a 9mg, when I could no longer cut .5mg at time.  Eventually I learned about daily microtapering withliquid, and was able to finish my taper with only mild, occasional sxs.

From the very beginning of my V use, I always took uneven doses, usually 2/3-3/4 of my dose PM. When I tapered down to 3mg, I just went to once-a-day dosing.  Because of its long half life, V is not sensitive to varying levels throughout the day.  Many folks actually do just fine a once-a-day dosing.