Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling better after 5 weeks

[Tr...]

I am joining BenzoBuddies to share my tips for recovery and learn from others who have been through withdrawal. I took .05 to 1mg Xanax off and on for 12 years for insomnia only, and an occasional nap. I was forced to go cold turkey 5 weeks ago because my doctor refused to give me a refill. I have read many articles about withdrawal and recovery and have implemented many tips into my recovery process which has helped alleviate or dull some symptoms. Puzzling that I have gained 7 pounds possibly due to not being able to exercise as I was prior to withdrawal.  I am curious if anyone else has had this experience and any suggestions to help. I know that when the body is under stress, we store fat around the abdomen and hips which is the case with me. I look forward to offering support and finding support on this site. Thank you! 

Hello Travel girl  :hug:  Welcome to benzobuddies

Its awful that you were forced into a cold turkey, it can be dangerous stopping these drugs abruptly. I am pleased to hear you are doing better after 5 weeks off, withdrawal symptoms  usually take quite some time to settle down.  The Ashton Manual is a very good resource about benzo withdrawal.  It will give you information about the recovery process.

I will put a link here: Professor Ashtons Manual

Congratulations on being benzo free. Please feel free to ask questions, we have many supportive and kind members here who will support you and give sound advice. Feel free to check out the forum and post to any of our dedicated threads.

Here are a couple of a links to our support boards

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita