Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Do you ever feel demented?

[Ma...]

Do you ever feel demented because of benzo withdrawal? Today I do, I keep forgetting things and it's driving me nuts. I'm having dinner and I think "I'm thirsty, I think I'll go and get a drink", then I look down and there's a bottle of drink sitting there in front of me already opened and I don't remember getting it or opening it. I feel so "not present" sometimes. Is this normal for withdrawals?

YES!!!  It is still happening a little bit, but I laugh now...when I was dropping things, forgetting things, and denting my car it wasn't so funny!!!  It will get better!

Do you ever feel demented because of benzo withdrawal? Today I do, I keep forgetting things and it's driving me nuts. I'm having dinner and I think "I'm thirsty, I think I'll go and get a drink", then I look down and there's a bottle of drink sitting there in front of me already opened and I don't remember getting it or opening it. I feel so "not present" sometimes. Is this normal for withdrawals?

Yes, it was quite bad about a week after my last dose. Now it feels like a combination of my 'mystery illness' and WD sxs is causing it rather than it being a direct symptom if you get me?.  :-\

:D

totally normal... My dog was so happy when I was demented because I feed her twice all day.

I am 8 months off and not demented any more. Not at all. Whats the opposite - thats me.

Hang on and don't mix up toothpaste with face cream. I did.

Never had that before benzo withdrawal.  Again this week I was looking for a belt.  I became impatient searching the house knowing exactly where I had place it the night before.  After a complete search and getting so frustrated, I found it.  Where ?  Right on my belly !  Put it on a couple of minutes before and not remembering it ! :idiot:

Never had that before benzo withdrawal.  Again this week I was looking for a belt.  I became impatient searching the house knowing exactly where I had place it the night before.  After a complete search and getting so frustrated, I found it.  Where ?  Right on my belly !  Put it on a couple of minutes before and not remembering it ! :idiot:

Thats so cute :D - I read somewhere here on the board that one buddy even wear more than one belt !

There are so many funny stories like that.. I once found my keys in the fridge.  :idiot:

I've had memory issues for the past year (and I have always had a good memory).  I know it's the benzos, but I still don't like having the mental fog.