Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Side pain

[Ia...]

So I am having this lower abdominal side pain that goes into my back sometimes, it could be kidney related or intestine related.  Not sure but if it persists I am going to go to urgent care to get it checked out... Lets hope it goes away before I have to get it checked.  But if I do I have a feeling it is inflammation, if it is they will probably want me to take steroids and that is a no no in benzo recovery, what are other options?  I know what to do if they want me on anti-biotics so that won't be an issue. 

Thanks

So I am having this lower abdominal side pain that goes into my back sometimes, it could be kidney related or intestine related.  Not sure but if it persists I am going to go to urgent care to get it checked out... Lets hope it goes away before I have to get it checked.  But if I do I have a feeling it is inflammation, if it is they will probably want me to take steroids and that is a no no in benzo recovery, what are other options?  I know what to do if they want me on anti-biotics so that won't be an issue. 

Thanks

I've not had this issue directly, I seem to have missed the infamous GI symptoms but I do get sharp stabbing pain in my abdomen and pelvic areas at random intervals. I would still go and get it checked, and if it is WD related, chances are nothing will be found, as is the case for many of us. Benzos do awful things to our bodies and minds, for me, WD it's like a form of internal torture that leaves no evidence. It's your body, and even if something is found, it's your choice as to what medication you want to take if any is needed. If it is suggested that you take a medication that many know flares up WD sxs, you could direct whoever sees you to something like this: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=48585.0 and of course Professor Aston's site.

I know it's hard but try not to think too far ahead, and try to deal with issues if and when they arise.

A lot of people are having these flank/abdominal pains, myself included.  Does it feel like muscle tightness in the area?

Aside from steroids you can try an NSAID or you can try waiting it out.  A muscle relaxer might also be something to try. 

I had this side pain for the first 18 months, had lots of tests including ultrasound but all came back clear. At 24 months it has almost completely gone, I might experience it once every 6 weeks, usually when I'm in a wave and I'm really run down.

did you try hot wet sleeks on the liver? Its a TCM thing, send me a pm for further information if you want. I was surprised how many pain areas I could treat with that, first I thought whats the liver has to do with xy - but it worked..