Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

.25mg Clonazepam once a week withdrawal?

[mo...]

Hey everyone,

I'm just here trying to ease my brain which doesn't seem to be listening to reason. I've taken .25mg of Clonazepam once to twice per week for about 6 weeks, and in the last two weeks I've only taken one .25mg dose at least six days apart and won't take any more. I think in total I've taken about 5.5mg over 6 weeks.  My anxiety has convinced me that I'm going to suffering terrible withdrawal symptoms so I just wanted to see if it was likely given my history ?

Welcome to the forum!  We're glad to have you as a new member.  You may have a few symptoms, that's normal, but they'll probably fade away soon.

You'll find plenty of information and support here.  Our members have gone through all aspects of withdrawal, and you're likely to see  people who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.  For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing no faster than 5-10% every 10-14 days, and some taper even slower than that.  One exception: very short-term users of a few weeks or less may be able to taper faster than that.  Having some withdrawal symptoms is normal, especially near the end of a taper and for a month or so after discontinuing the medication.  The most common symptoms are anxiety and insomnia, but these are temporary and will go away in time.

Here are a few links you may find useful:

Post Withdrawal Support Board

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field.  She describes and explains withdrawal symptoms in Chapter III, and there is also a section with withdrawal/taper schedules.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again, welcome!

:smitten: