Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

FAST HEART RATE ANYONE?

[so...]

I have never had a fast heart rate but I had high blood pressure only since WD. My doc put me on clonidine for blood pressure and it does help. If your BP is normal then I would not worry too much about it. I have seen others with this and there have been previous posts with the same question.

I had a fast heart rate throughout, sometimes lasting days and days, sometimes only minutes... only thing that would slow it was beta blockers... and I hated them.... in addition to being fast it would beat very hard.. I recall many times lying and doing breathing and meditating for over an hour only to get it to drop to 115... it sucked..

It's been over a month since I had a fast heart rate.... and over 2 months since I took a bb... I think it's over and done and not coming back.....it seems the fast heart rate will correct just like everything else in this circus

Nomne

Nomne, Davis and Wont,

Thank you so much for responding.  I know this question has been asked many times before, so I realize others have had this issue, especially Nomne, who has been such a warrior with this symptom.  My heart rate was 108 yesterday and I sort of panicked unnecessarily.  I was hoping people who I know on the forum would respond, instead of digging through the archives reading posts from people I don't know.  You all came through for me.  Thank you.

Nomne, I am so happy for your recovery!

Sofa

Hey sofa,

I was wondering if you stuff suffered with this dang symptom!  Mine NEVER falls below 90.  I finally bought a pulsometer as I was tired of using a stopwatch... And wanted to check it while walking.  Maybe I shouldn't have bought the thing because my pulse when walking around my house is about 120 and about 110 while standing.  Because i started getting constant chest pain over a month ago,  I've been wearing a heart monitor for 2 weeks and will turn it in today.  I hope they will reassure me that everything is fine! 

Nomne,

I'm so glad you been freed from heart symptoms.  It seems like that was your last and most nagging symptom?

very common and scary symptom. Mine have gotten way less in the last six months.  they only rev up if I am moving about where it used to be anytime anywhere.  I also have been taking propranolol for the damn migraines which is helping I am sure, but they still used to show up even on the med so I know it's better.

Hi Sofa,

I'm pretty new here but thought I'd put my 2 cents in on this one.  I get fast heart rate a lot in the mornings and early in the day mostly.  I don't even have to be doing anything real strenuous.  Sometimes it's just something like opening a drawer to get something out and my heart will speed up and start pounding really hard.  After going up the stairs I feel like I've run a marathon but going up those same stairs in the evening...nothing.  During this WD the only thing I've figured out that I can count on, is that I can't count on anything making any sense.