Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello...... benzo buddies

[Ma...]

Hi,, I am 9 months post cold turkey from a short term use Klonopin of only 5 months and I feel absolutely not human.. Please help me to understand this is not going to last forever... it is tough...................... I have rocking back and forth ,head pressure, total body numbness. body feel super heavy like concrete,, breathless on exertion.......................... um................... well..... it is not fun....... my balance is getting better..........................

Hello MarieElla,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  Yes, it will get better but it might take a while. Cold turkey is not the recommended way to withdraw from these types of drugs, a slow taper is suggested to minimize withdrawal symptoms. That being said, you are now off klonopin and your nervous system will recover.  These types of drugs are tricky and physical dependency can develop in a short period of time. When the drug is taken away suddenly, the nervous system takes a big hit. However, time is the healer and your symptoms will ease up.

The symptoms you describe are very common for benzo withdrawal.  I'll give you a link to the Ashton Manual, it is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field. While the manual discussed tapering, there is also a lot of good information about the withdrawal process in general.

I'll also give you a link to the Cold Turkey, Detox and Rapid Withdrawal Board where you can communicate with others in the same situation as yourself.

No, withdrawal is not fun and can be the most difficult thing a person encounters in their life. But it is temporary and if your balance has improved, the other things will as well.

Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

The Ashton Manual

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal 

pianogirl  :)