Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is Central Nervous System damage permanent ??

[mc...]

I feel like I'm going to be left like this !! I'm 4 weeks of the benzos and it doesnt seem to be gtting any better, have I done irreversible damage to my CNS ?

Sorry I'm just posting here to see the responses.  I'm almost 4 months off and I'm going through the same things as when I started,  no improvements.    I imagine you can't ever go back to your old self,  I don't think il recover. 

Hopefully someone who's further into recovery can give us some light.

You will heal!!! The first 6 months were complete hell for me. I couldn't even get up from bed!!!! I had all described symptoms!!! The things became better between 6-12 months. Now 16 months after my off I can say clearly that I am fine like before benzos. I can sleep normal, I can work, go out with friends, my hormones are normal and my memory is perfect! You must be strong!!!! Everything will be fine and you will be happy and normal.person again!!!

Kisses,

Rositsa :smitten:

I feel like I'm going to be left like this !! I'm 4 weeks of the benzos and it doesnt seem to be gtting any better, have I done irreversible damage to my CNS ?

No, it's NOT permanent.  And at 4 weeks off you're still in acute withdrawal.  You must allow time for this process, and in fact time itself IS the healer.  Don't worry, you'll be fine.  BTW, obsessing that "I'll never heal" is in itself a major benzo withdrawal symptom.  It will pass.

:smitten:

• 3 months later...
Guess what guys. I have NOT recoverd after CT detox. I AM stuck in my body 24/7. Every heartbeat brings excruciating pain. Each heartbeat causes pain in my mouth especially gums, teeth and tongue. Feel my heart muscle contract and release and blood flow through entire body.  Never had ANY windows or relief. Have received blessings and oil anointing from Priest with NO improvement AT All.  Sorry to rain on anyone's parade but will go to my grave with these obnoxious and painful symptoms. Cannot leave my house and have been prisoner for 3 plus months and ct was 9 months ago. NO doctor believes me so I sit at home suffering daily. Great future ahead for me. Sorry my family lives into their 90's. I am 62 and suffer every heartbeat. If husband passes I am shit out of luck. Will probably end up in Psych Unit somewhere. WOW thanks prescribing freaking DR.

Guess what guys. I have NOT recoverd after CT detox. I AM stuck in my body 24/7. Every heartbeat brings excruciating pain. Each heartbeat causes pain in my mouth especially gums, teeth and tongue. Feel my heart muscle contract and release and blood flow through entire body.  Never had ANY windows or relief. Have received blessings and oil anointing from Priest with NO improvement AT All.  Sorry to rain on anyone's parade but will go to my grave with these obnoxious and painful symptoms. Cannot leave my house and have been prisoner for 3 plus months and ct was 9 months ago. NO doctor believes me so I sit at home suffering daily. Great future ahead for me. Sorry my family lives into their 90's. I am 62 and suffer every heartbeat. If husband passes I am shit out of luck. Will probably end up in Psych Unit somewhere. WOW thanks prescribing freaking DR.

Reading your history. You poor thing. I'm new here and reading just to keep my mind occupied. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Well I am 5 months off and its not better, its MUCH WORSE, past 2 days I may have dozed alittle a total of 4-5 hours tops, thats been in 48 + hours, 5 months should show semi improvement, I mean 1mg ativan may seem like alittle but people say its not, yet alot of people on here took many more meds for longer periods and they are at least showing signs of improvements

From the reading I've done here, we all seem to be in the same boat, regardless of what prescriptions we are/were taking. That said compared to many my ride has been easy. Compared to not ever getting on the ride it's been a nightmare.

I also have slept about 6 hours of the last 48. I googled "can you die from lack of sleep' yesterday.

At six weeks I saw significant improvement. Once I started to think positive I started getting better. Keeping busy has helped too. My symptoms amplify on the days I feel sorry for myself. It's a struggle and I still feel pretty defeated at times but it did get better and continues to with each day.

No, it is not permanent. Right now you are very early into withdrawal and likely still in the acute period. Symptoms as a result of stopping suddenly or too quickly can be severe, especially during the early months. So give it some time. It will get better. :smitten:

I don't think it is typically permanent, but it can last while. You don't even qualify for PAWS until 18 months off.  Benzo withdrawal is so so so lame.