Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Did you avoid/postpone things on benzos?

[Si...]

I did avoid or postpone important things that belong to life and I didn't care or felt okay about it.

Now I REGRET and my brain keeps telling me I have to do or face these things now but the thoughts.....daunting!!! I think I will never be able to do these things or things will never change now I'm older....

Do you recognize this?

:smitten:

Simone.

Hello Simone, yes I most certainly do recognise this.  After many years on zopiclone, my world shrank to a fraction of what it once was.  I gradually stopped doing more and more things, going out, working, even seeing friends.  Now I am off, I am working towards building up the things I do, once again, although I know it is going to take time to get my confidence back.  I already feel a bit bolder and more in control - I'm hopeful.  Good luck to you.

simone, Yes, looking back, I did start to avoid doing things seeing friends family ext. Because I just stopped caring in some cases. I did watch my life crumble around me. My real avoidance started when I hit tolerance and was unable to leave the house and do the things I needed to do to live a life.

I think what I am feeling now is the magnified regret and false thinking that makes it worse.

You know the intrusive thoughts and ruminating over things that should no longer bother me.

Maybe this is what you are feeling too?

As you heal these bad thoughts will go away. I have heard this from many people on this board that have healed.

This is my hope.

Thanks kes and silver!

I also think that my regrets are magnified but it's often so hard to realize that, to keep that in mind.

Sometimes I think my brain doesn't accept the way I am. I keep comparing myself with other people and their lifes and I think I did it all in the wrong way.

Do you know what I mean?

We can keep reminding each other that it is just our brains healing, until this shit goes away for good.

That is why we are all here.

I need to remind myself about every hour. So don't feel bad.

totally have this too. it makes me wonder if its some mental emotional thing after lots of stress and turnng 50 now etc. I hope t improves too. i have had moments of clear confident positive thoughts at times so its still there

Well... I am huge fan of doing things "no matter what - no matter how I feel".

I noticed that at first it was no fun at all, then it turned to okeeeeeeyyyyy, and in the end to fun.

And yep - at first there were more tears than anything else but I did that no matter what.

You reminded me to do some special things right NOW.. forgot about my own mantra...

:idiot:

I cancel or postpone all the plans I make. I usually wait until the last minute and cancel. I have seen a lot of people on here say they have, I had a similar post a while ago abt this same subject. It is not just you. I always feel I'm the only one who does this.

I feel at this time, I can't handle a lot of things. I just try to pick and choose my battles. It's ok to want to take care of yourself at this time. I wish I didn't have to work so I could truly heal without that added stress. Most can't stop working, some have to. Stay strong. K

Yes, I did. Now I'm the same because of WD sxs. I want to do all the things I said I would do when I packed up spending hundreds of pounds a month on Benzos from online 'headshops', but I am struggling to get through a day right now, let alone actually do anything close to any of the things I'd love to fill the void Benzos have left in my life.