Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Any body emotionally unstable while tapering?

[Pi...]

Hi all,does any body feel emotionally unstable??i cannot stabalize after my last cut 2 weeks ago!i can't switch off,my rage is out of this world!i cannot connect to any body an the world seems a scary place!its like I need some body to cling to.i struggle with conversations like words won't come out!iis this all normal??an why can't I stabalize??i messed up a cut I went from 6 mg to 5.5 held for 3 weeks then cut 5mg an been at this for two weeks!!!had no windows in ages....,thanks guys for any info on this xx

Pinkfairy, you said it right when you first posted.  I think what Belfast was saying is that it's more common among people here to be unstable when tapering.  I'm ok if I taper slow enough, but when I go too fast, I get extremely whacked out emotionally and feel like I'm losing my mind even though I know I'm not.  When I taper slow and other symptoms aren't bad, I feel like myself emotionally. It's amazing to me how extreme it can get on both ends.

Hi all,does any body feel emotionally unstable??i cannot stabalize after my last cut 2 weeks ago!i can't switch off,my rage is out of this world!i cannot connect to any body an the world seems a scary place!its like I need some body to cling to.i struggle with conversations like words won't come out!iis this all normal??an why can't I stabalize??i messed up a cut I went from 6 mg to 5.5 held for 3 weeks then cut 5mg an been at this for two weeks!!!had no windows in ages....,thanks guys for any info on this xx

Yes, Yes, Yes. Yes, I feel exactly the same way. I am no expert at this at all believe me, but when I get like this I have to hold. There's debate on this of course, but I am ruining job prospects, relationships, making all kinds of bad decisions all based on my anxiety. So when I get like this I hold. There is a support group here, The Long Hold, and there are some real helpful ideas there. I have been through these unrelenting constant waves for months and if I hold they eventually slow down and after awhile a window comes and then another and then they stay longer. I read some success stories too when it gets real bad to know there is hope. We got to walk this road because going back is not the answer. But we can determine how fast we go and stop for a breather once in awhile I think. I tapered way too fast the first four months and have been paying for it the past eight months so now I go slow and hold when I am going off the deep end. And I am reaching that goal of 0.0 one day, there's no stopping me and I don't care how long it takes.