Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Difference in Taking an AD Before and Now During Taper ?

[ia...]

After my experience with my GP this past week  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=169405.10

I decided to try using an AD that I have used periodically over the past 10 years.

In the past it always helped with my symptoms- depression,anxiety, and agoraphobia. I was more productive, able to travel distances, much less anxious and not depressed. I would typically taper the AD After 6 months or so...and then continue living life with  the depression not returning until some other traumatic event ( Years later in most Cases )...which I would fight without the help of any antidepressants, until a few months of being so beat down that I would again call and begin taking an AD.

My concern now is will I have the same experience while on xanax only?

Any experience out there with taking an  AD before a reduction/ tapering of a Benzo...and taking one during a Taper?

Iam Third- I had never taken an antidepressant before but last July I started on zoloft while taking xanax to help with my anxiety and panic attacks...looking back on it I think a lot of that anxiety was interdose withdrawals after 30  yrs on xanax. That being said the zoloft really did help me with that- haven't had a full blown panic attack in over a year. Yes- I still do get anxious- but it is blunted. I stayed on the zoloft while tapering and I believe it helped me get through it. Of course you might not have the same result- but since I took it while on xanax thought it was worth mentioning. Best of luck to whatever you decide!

Thanks ontheroadme

By your signature it looks like you began taking Zoloft while tapering, before you jumped.

Did you have any initial anxiety during the first Month of beginning zoloft? It is common when beginning an AD.

I noticed some heightened anxiety after my first dose ( 12 hours later) It wasnt too bad, but it was enough that I noticed.

I dont remember that effecting me in the past.but I imagine it is due to the absence of Librium. I have 50mg tablets, but I broke it in half, in an attempt to gradually reintroduce it into my system.

We will see how it goes.

I started at 25- then went to 50 and ended up at 100. I did feel increased anxiety at first- almost enough to make we want  to quit it- but I hung in there and after a coupe weeks I could feel it starting to work for me. Hope it helps you.