Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need Guidance on Tapering with Multiple Doses

[ga...]

I'm just starting out and am overwhelmed with all the tapering methods I've read about.  I need help on how to taper 1.75 mg of Ativan broken into 3 doses per day. My current dosing schedule is:

.5 @ 9 am

.5 @ 3 pm

.75 @ 9 pm

I am using .5 mg small tablets.  When tapering, which dose(s) should I cut, and if so, in even amounts?  Just wondering if I should try to eliminate the afternoon dose first, or keep the morning and afternoon doses on an even cut schedule.  How do I calculate what the cut should be per dose?  I see that some people do a combination of dry cut and liquid taper.  How do you figure that out?  If I switch to the liquid Rx solution, I think it needs to stay refrigerated, so how do you manage the afternoon dose when away from home?  If I carry it in my purse, it won't stay cold.  Hoping to get some direction on how to manage these cuts for 3 doses per day. 

I'm just starting out and am overwhelmed with all the tapering methods I've read about.  I need help on how to taper 1.75 mg of Ativan broken into 3 doses per day. My current dosing schedule is:

.5 @ 9 am

.5 @ 3 pm

.75 @ 9 pm

I am using .5 mg small tablets.  When tapering, which dose(s) should I cut, and if so, in even amounts?  Just wondering if I should try to eliminate the afternoon dose first, or keep the morning and afternoon doses on an even cut schedule.  How do I calculate what the cut should be per dose?  I see that some people do a combination of dry cut and liquid taper.  How do you figure that out?  If I switch to the liquid Rx solution, I think it needs to stay refrigerated, so how do you manage the afternoon dose when away from home?  If I carry it in my purse, it won't stay cold.  Hoping to get some direction on how to manage these cuts for 3 doses per day.

Because it is a short-acting benzo, its probably best to taper all 3 doses uniformly, that is, if you  were to cut 5%, cut 5% from all 3 doses. 

No, liquid benzo do not need to be refrigerated (unless you're doing a milk taper.)

There is an Rx grade liquid ativan available.

Thanks, builder.  Since the doses aren't the same (the night dose is .75 mg and the other two are .5 mg), how do I calculate a total 5% cut across the three?  I realize this is probably simple arithmetic, but I need help.