Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Two weeks and one day benzo free (diazepam taper)

[wa...]

So I'm currently sitting two weeks and one day from my last titrated dose of diazepam. I have to say, I feel good. My full body pain, tenitis and irritability are almost non existent. I still have occasional spasms but nothing like before. My headaches have gone from a 8-9 to a 3-4 sometimes nothing at all. My anxiety and depression are hardly a thing either. I believe whole heartedly going through a chemical induced anxiety fit from withdrawal you're stronger and better able to deal with "natural anxiety". Things that have helped me tremendously are Kratom (check out r/kratom on Reddit for

Info) and CBD (many stores online). I use a hefty amount of both and they make the world of difference. NAC, 5htp, l-argrnine, l-ornithine and L-lysine are all very helpful (NAC being the most helpful). I have been tapering for a long time, nearly two years since I started. There's hope people! Don't give up, you'll get through this and there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel. I exercise 6 days a week and have for the past 3 months, that helps so much. I push myself even if I'm feeling less than energetic. I sleep as much as I can and I try and do as much as I can. I spent months afraid to leave the house but now I can get out and about. I'm still not driving yet though but can if I have to, just a bit of a mental block. I enjoy using cannabis for symptoms and to relax and that works well for me. I've had one beer and one glass of wine over the past two weeks and it's been fine but I won't try more than a glass a day to be safe. I hope this info helps you all. The NAC supplement is great for the OCD like impulsive thoughts and overall unrest that comes with being on edge. I do p90x and lots of hiking to stay active. Ask whatever questions you have and I'll be happy to answer. During my darkest period I had to step away from this forum but I'm back and will be here to stay (at least for some time).

Thanks! I find it took about two weeks to really feel the effects. Taking all those supplements together is best in my opinion and seemed to stop my adrenal fatigue

Great post - thanks for posting what's worked for you! (I'm another kratom fan; has helped me get back to walking & running slowly after a running injury.) Cheers! Gina