Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

DOES ANYONE DRY DOSE AND LIQUID TITRATE AT THE SAME TIME? WHAT ARE BENEFITS?

[ho...]

a fellow member just gave me a great idea of how to take some of my dose dry and some liquid (milk) to keep blood levels stable and even. i am on 2.5 mgs klonapin currently taking 1 mg, 1 mg then 1/2 mg 8 hours apart. what the suggestion is to dry dose .5, .5 and .5 and titrate other 1 mg into three doses taken with the dry .5. so i would be getting even doses throughout the day. i would have to get a good pill cutter to get the pills cut in half because i only get 1 mg pills. are there any benefits of doing dry and  liquid instead of going all liquid? i know the liquid can be quite the adjustment, maybe that is why? any input on liquid and dry dosing would be appreciated. thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really know if this is what you're looking for, but any time I want to cut part of my dose and spread it over a period of time, I do that part liquid and the rest dry dose.  Like right now I'm taking 5 mg valium morning and evening and .5 Ativan midday. The Ativan dose I'm doing a liquid titration and I would do that even if all my doses were the same drug. I don't know why.  I guess because I'm a little afraid that mixing it with water would cause it to lower potency if it sits all day for the other doses during the day.  But other people do it for all of their doses and it sits and they're fine; that's just my own personal logic which may or may not really be logical, LOL.  Some people even mix up enough for the week but they dissolve it in propylene glycol or alcohol or whatever. I think it's not as important exactly how you do it (all liquid or part liquid) as it is that you do it the same way every day.  Consistency is very important because I think your body will get used to whichever way you do it.  Sorry, I just wrote a book. :)

I don't really know if this is what you're looking for, but any time I want to cut part of my dose and spread it over a period of time, I do that part liquid and the rest dry dose.  Like right now I'm taking 5 mg valium morning and evening and .5 Ativan midday. The Ativan dose I'm doing a liquid titration and I would do that even if all my doses were the same drug. I don't know why.  I guess because I'm a little afraid that mixing it with water would cause it to lower potency if it sits all day for the other doses during the day.  But other people do it for all of their doses and it sits and they're fine; that's just my own personal logic which may or may not really be logical, LOL.  Some people even mix up enough for the week but they dissolve it in propylene glycol or alcohol or whatever. I think it's not as important exactly how you do it (all liquid or part liquid) as it is that you do it the same way every day.  Consistency is very important because I think your body will get used to whichever way you do it.  Sorry, I just wrote a book. :)

thanks af I'm gonna do dry and liquid too :)