Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Adrenaline surges

[Tr...]

I am experiencing intense adrenaline surges/heart palps/ and strong dp/dr body numbness intense fears two days for 2 hrs at five months , is this normal ? Will this really heal ?

This is a very common symptom. Our central nervous systems are very raw and adrenaline reeks havoc on our body. Cortisol and adrenaline go hand and hand. Our cortisol is highest in the morning to aide in waking the body from sleep. Early morning adrenal surges are common, usually getting better as the day goes on leaving most bettee by evening just to repeat it al over again the next day. Best thing you can do is decrease sugar and cafiene intake, don't over do it, try and take it easy. A breathing technique that helped me was breathing in slow through your nose for 7 seconds, hold your breath for 4 seconds and slowly exhale through mouth for 8 seconds. Repeat as needed. I had it during acute, then again from months 9-12 and it has been gone a couple months now, I'm approaching 15 months. It does go away, just takes time. Wish you the best!

Hi FloridaBlue,

Thank you for the reply.  I will be extra careful on my sugar in-take. I did not experience these strong surges in month 1-3. Interestingly, I am still having strong symptoms at month 5 where I'm expecting it should be diminishing. Sometimes I am confused between the panic attacks and adrenaline surges. Usually panic attacks lasted about 30 minutes or less. But adrenaline surges for me lasted 2 hours.  I was feeling very 'out of my body', body numbness (could not feel my hands). I was walking and feeling very weird feeling, like my body doesn't exist and everyone look strange. I know this is dp/dr. as this intense dp/dr continues, adrenaline surges arise so intense that even sitting in class, I felt like I was going to faint and pass out any minute, feeling like my body is about to lose it, heart palps, dizziness, hand sweating, intense fear/thoughts. IT was so bad yesterday and today, that breathing didn't help. What really helped a bit was that I got up and walked around. I am start to lose patience and getting frustrated.

Tracy