Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Yes, another alcohol question!

[Ja...]

I am tapering and I drank two beers the other day. After/As I did I noticed a spike in withdrawal symptoms. Everything I have read on here is mainly about the hangover after drinking which I have experienced and does suck. But my question is what about a spike an hour or two after drinking? I just had a general restless feeling and am wondering if it could be from the alcohol that quickly. Any insight would be appreciated.  Thank you..

Yep for sure, I found that happened to me, unless you drink so much that it floods GABA, and then you're in for a real shit show about 24h after you stop the binge

Jaxie everyone is different but sure a beer or two wears off pretty readily. Anyway, you tried it and you felt bad so I'd avoid it until you are off the benzos. I did this on my vacation a couple of times but made sure my next dose of Valium was due in roughly 2 hours after I stopped. Then I thought how stupid so now I'm a teetotaler again. B