Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When?

[Kl...]

When would you consider low BP an issue enough to see if it's not must withdrawl? My BP started acting up on benzos, it was very low. I had a procedure done and they couldn't let me leave Bc my BP was so low. My doctor said more salt more water. Now almost 5 months off benzos I just checked it today and it's 94/70. I feel beyond tired all the time. Is this common? Is it at this point something else being it's been like this for awhile? Help. Blessings K

Klonofree,

Withdrawal has had the opposite effect with my BP.  I take meds to keep it at a safe range.  Maybe a scrip could get it up a little more, and you might feel better!

ty

When would you consider low BP an issue enough to see if it's not must withdrawl? My BP started acting up on benzos, it was very low. I had a procedure done and they couldn't let me leave Bc my BP was so low. My doctor said more salt more water. Now almost 5 months off benzos I just checked it today and it's 94/70. I feel beyond tired all the time. Is this common? Is it at this point something else being it's been like this for awhile? Help. Blessings K

Low blood pressure is anything below 90/60 some people can have it that's low and be fine . As long as they aren't showing symptoms of low blood pressure. Unfortunately symptoms of low blood pressure are exactly the same is your basic benzo withdrawel symptoms .

My bp gets as low as 90/58 and it Usaully sits around or below 100/65 . I told my doctor about it and he said it's fine it just means your heart is more healthy......Even though I told him I am not active enough to merit that healthy of a bp. Anyway it scares me sometimes , but I don't think it can kill us. I mean if you actually faint . That is when you know it's a problem.

Increasing your salt intake was sound advice . If it is really freaking me out I throw a pinch of salt on something and eat it, Usaully brings it up enough. Also try not to stay in the same position allday. Get your blood flowing every morning .

Hope this helps

Remy

How does your BP react to movement? Have you considered small walking sessions? Moderate slow walking, 5 - 10 minutes not more. Cold-Hot-Cold-showers may help, too.

On what does your BP react at all? Food, water, beverages, sleep, nap...?

Low blood pressure is anything below 90/60 some people can have it that's low and be fine . As long as they aren't showing symptoms of low blood pressure. Unfortunately symptoms of low blood pressure are exactly the same is your basic benzo withdrawel symptoms .

My bp gets as low as 90/58 and it Usaully sits around or below 100/65 . I told my doctor about it and he said it's fine it just means your heart is more healthy......Even though I told him I am not active enough to merit that healthy of a bp. Anyway it scares me sometimes , but I don't think it can kill us. I mean if you actually faint . That is when you know it's a problem.

Increasing your salt intake was sound advice . If it is really freaking me out I throw a pinch of salt on something and eat it, Usaully brings it up enough. Also try not to stay in the same position allday. Get your blood flowing every morning .

Hope this helps

Remy

Yes... Very helpful. Sometimes I feel like I won't make it, super tired. Makes me feel like something else is going on. Once I have insurance I will do all tests just to have peace of mind. Love K bless you

How does your BP react to movement? Have you considered small walking sessions? Moderate slow walking, 5 - 10 minutes not more. Cold-Hot-Cold-showers may help, too.

On what does your BP react at all? Food, water, beverages, sleep, nap...?

I'm not sure how it reacts to any of the above truly because I don't take it that often. I took it when I was food shopping after work it was like 4 ish. It was low and I had felt so tired and bad all day. I walk as much as I can, I eat as well as I can. Maybe it's becuase of my job. No matter what, it stresses me out. Thanks for answering hope all is well with you. Love K